ABNA discussion

SelfSame
This topic is about SelfSame
ABNA Book Club > March book discussion for YA #2- SELF SAME

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mikhail, Group Creator/Moderator (new)

Mikhail Lerma (MLerma) | 104 comments Mod
Book discussion for YA #2, tied for 1st in the polls, SelfSame by Melissa Conway.

SelfSame by Melissa Conway

By all appearances, Sorcha Sloane is a typical small-town teen taking twenty-first century life for granted. While two centuries in the past, Enid Thompson is a poor farmer’s daughter in colonial New England. But Enid and Sorcha are the selfsame girl – one soul split between two bodies in a link that stretches across time. Every night while Enid’s body is sleeping, she wakes in the future as Sorcha, just as the old medicine man prophesied at her birth. And every night when Sorcha sleeps, she wakes in the past as Enid, in a frontier world on the brink of war. She only trusts a chosen few with the truth, until Ben Webster comes into Sorcha’s life and tells her his family has been desperately searching for her for over two hundred years…

message 2: by Jaima (new)

Jaima This looks good. Can't wait to start reading.

Laura Pascucci | 16 comments I really like the concept of this book. I enjoyed going back and forth between the two different time periods.

message 4: by Jaima (new)

Jaima So far so good! Conflict begins immediately and is intriguing.

message 5: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Gomez | 52 comments Sorry for the delay my computer died. This is my review and I placed it on Amazon too! :)

WOW! Engrossing, interesting vibrant. The characters leap out of the page the historical part feels alive and authentic Enid's life could had been the biography or anyone grandmother's and the modern setting is just so normal that you could look at any kid coming out of school and think of him as Sorcha.
A must read. You will never forget this story and how you feel when you read the last page and how everything comes to a perfect ending.