THE Group for Authors! discussion

39 views
General Discussion > How do I stop liking my own quotes from my own books?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Just noticed I'm shown as liking my own quotes. The most recent quote was:

"There shrieks a fine madness. Do have one, they're delicious."

It's there as a sort of public health warning, not for me to admire my own work. How do I get rid of it?


message 2: by William (new)

William Harlan (raunwynn) | 34 comments lol, you love yourself.


message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Nah, barely on speaking terms... For obvious reasons.


message 4: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments The system assumes that if you are adding a quote, you wish to "like" it.


message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Hm. I'm currently in that blurry state between a couple of beers, 6 hours of ad copy, a 1200 word news article and an episode of Red Dwarf. Why does it think I like anything?


message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It automatically makes you "like" your own quote if you add one, but all you can do is unlike it afterwards. If you click on "Like" I think it undoes it.


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you should click on "1 person likes this" and that might undo it. Sorry, I can't remember. I'm not being very helpful :)


message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Amrhein (historysleuth) | 55 comments I always thought that was for quotes you liked of others, you know famous writer's, president's, not your own. Hummm..


message 9: by William (new)

William Harlan (raunwynn) | 34 comments this is my favorite thread title on the site.


message 10: by Monica (new)

Monica Davis Paul,

If you want to delete your "Like" go to your main profile page (when you click on your photo) and scroll down the page until you see the section "Quotes Paul Likes". On the right hand side there is a tiny 'edit'. Click on that and it takes you to a page where you can change the order of quotes, or delete something by clicking on the (again) tiny X to the right of the quote.


message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Cindy wrote: "I always thought that was for quotes you liked of others, you know famous writer's, president's, not your own. Hummm.."
Yeah, that's what I thought. Hence the horror. I was using the "own quotes" section and saw that.


message 12: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Monica wrote: "Paul,

If you want to delete your "Like" go to your main profile page (when you click on your photo) and scroll down the page until you see the section "Quotes Paul Likes". On the right hand side ..."

Got it, and it works. I saw that, and it just said PW quotes, and I was in no state of mind at 1AM to try doing something I might have to redo. Thanks, Monica.


message 13: by Monica (new)

Monica Davis Paul wrote: I was in no state of mind at 1AM to try doing something I might have to redo..."

You might want to bookmark this thread for future use ;-)


message 14: by Paul (new)

Paul Wallis | 16 comments Monica wrote: "Paul wrote: I was in no state of mind at 1AM to try doing something I might have to redo..."

You might want to bookmark this thread for future use ;-)"


My uncanny ability to remember my own embarrassing klutziness will help, but good idea. I cannot begin to describe how I felt about seeing myself liking my own quotes.


message 15: by William (new)

William Harlan (raunwynn) | 34 comments Monica wrote: "You might want to bookmark this thread for future use ;-)"

how does he stop bookmarking his own thread for his own use?


back to top