What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > 4 Friends plot to kill Svengali-like man who connects them all

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stephenie Booher | 3 comments This is driving me mad... I read this book in the 80's. It is about 4 friends who come from different walks of life and each encounter the same man while young girls or teenagers - he helps them each out in different ways and they end up life long friends, but he is dangerous and they plot to kill him. I think one character's name was Timber or maybe Kimber. I remember because she talks about her mom named her from a name she heard on TV and she thinks she must have heard wrong. Timber was from the wrong side of the tracks/poor area. And I think they went to the same boarding school and maybe spent some time on a boat together.

message 2: by Andria (last edited Mar 13, 2013 07:53AM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Perhaps Entangled by Nelle McFather? It has a character named Timber Dulaney.

message 3: by Andria (new)

Entangled for the link. (Couldn't find it at first. Darn GR search function)

Stephenie Booher | 3 comments I think that is it!!! So, 3 friends not 4, but otherwise, it sounds exactly like I remembered. I ordered it and will let you know as soon as I read it! Thanks!!!!!

message 5: by Andria (new)

Cool! Keep us posted. My fingers are crossed that it's the right one. :)

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) ha. "Du Maurier" and 'Svengali" terms appearing at same time on Goodreads feed page!

:D

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
Stephenie, can you confirm that "Entangled" was your book? Can we move this to Solved now?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Entangled (other topics)