Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Game of Thrones

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dean (last edited Mar 13, 2013 12:59AM) (new)

Dean MacAllister (deanmacallister) Of course bud! All over it like a questionable rash! I have just bought the second season on dvd (yes, I am behind, but ruin it for me and I will microwave you for three minutes on the HIGH setting) and am loving it. Also have the entire collection of books...which I think is up to 7? being sent to my house as we type. Then, I will say goodbye to my family and dissappear with them into a cave somewhere for a year, living only on insects and the occassional sun-beam.

message 2: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 30 comments Books 1-5 have been published. The author intends on making it a 7 book series but looking at all the loose ends, it will be tough to wrap it up in just 2 more books.

Love the TV show as well, though it makes Cersei kinda easier to feel sympathy for. Season 1 was super faithful to the books and season 2 deviated a LOT (understatement), but they handled it pretty well. Season 3 starts on March 31st, can't wait :D

message 3: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammysreviews) Read the first four years ago. They are Fantastic. Can't wait for the series to be finished so I can read them all at once.

message 4: by Rahul Nath (new)

Rahul Nath (cultofpersonality) | 30 comments Lol that will be a LONG wait XD the first three books came out between 1997-2001 I think, then the fourth in 2005 and the fifth in 2011. What's worse is that both the 4th and 5th books happen during the same time, only the characters featured are different. Martin is a SLOW writer.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 33 comments I have read 2 and 1/2 so far. LOVE the different POVs and Cersei is one of the best villianesses for me.

message 6: by Duks (last edited Mar 13, 2013 12:24PM) (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 1836 comments OMG! New season on the 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still reading A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 1358 comments Have not read the books, but I just started to watch the series, I think I love it.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Love the books. Love the series. Very excited for season 3. The third book is my favorite (so far).

message 9: by Addict's (new)

Addict's Book | 15 comments I love the books and TV series. Read all of them several times. One of best gifts I ever got was when my boyfriend preordered me A dance with dragons as a surprise. It was so sweet! I'm counting days until third season. And The winds of winter is my No1 Can't wait book. :D

message 10: by Duks (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 1836 comments I know, specially since its going to take up 2 seasons!

So what do you guys think about the theory of who Jon's parents are?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

The most hypothesized theory is probably the right one. But my personal theory is:

(view spoiler)

I admit - its a longer shot - but I like it. And Martin is anything except for predictable. It would even be unsurprising if there is no secret and we've already been told the truth. I don't think so though.

What if he's (view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

What do you think of Dany?
Do you think she's the 'rightful' ruler?
The hero? Or -
The villain?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Dany, in book three she seems to becoming more into her own finding what a ruler actually entails. i just finished book 3 and did not see that ending coming at all! i knew the little twerp (view spoiler) was behind the whole mess! lousy thug!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

as for jon's unknown birth- we are told a version of it in book #3 don't worry i won't say, don't want to spoil it for anyone else

message 15: by Duks (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 1836 comments Traci L. wrote: "The most hypothesized theory is probably the right one. But my personal theory is:

[spoilers removed]

I admit - its a longer shot - but I like it. And Martin is anything except for predictable. I..."

I read A Feast for Crows and they gave a clue about Ned's sister...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

So far - unless I'm mistaken - all we've gotten is clues. I don't think there's any doubt who the mother is though. Its the father that's in question.
Man - this is making me want to read these again. I have a love - hate relationship with this series but they're so good!

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 21, 2013 01:40PM) (new)

I think its (view spoiler) (jon's father that is)it just seems like such a ned thing to do and cover for him. we don't really know that ned did in fact cheat on cat, he never really admitted it or confirmed it.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhhh - that's a good one. I like! We readers tend to forget all about him.

message 19: by Stan (new)

Stan Morris (morriss003) Haven't watched the show. I'm reading book two. I hope it gets better. So sloooooow.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the 2nd book is slow too at first. It picks up. Promise. It is the one that annoys me the most.

message 21: by Duks (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 1836 comments LOVED "A Feast for Crows"

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too! Not much love for that one. But for me it's a favorite. I love reading from the pov of characters we haven't gotten yet. Great book!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 22, 2013 10:20AM) (new)

i don't know how much i am gonna like that only half of the characters are on one book and the rest on the other. one thing ive liked about these books is the intermingling of characters that there is not just one point of view but several. one of my favorite series so far. as for book #2 i thought it was great, i did not find it slow at all.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I do understand where the dislike for Feast comes from. Especially when there's such a long wait between books. But if you keep an open mind you might like it more than you think. I thought the writing was superb in it.
With Kings it wasn't so much that it was slow. But that it starts with many characters I don't care for. And never really do. Also I want to bash Renley and Stannis' heads together. Lol. Not a bad book. Just the most annoyingly frustrating to me.