Alpha Heroes & Spitfire Heroines discussion

Miscellaneous Book Stuff > Reading contraption

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz | 666 comments Mod
Does anyone use any reading contraption or have a good idea as to how to read a book on a treadmill without wanting to chuck the thing across the room because it's either too low or won't stay open enough?

Steamywindows♥♫ (steamywindows) | 9 comments Dear eastofoz, I use this for hands free reading and set it on my elliptical's little ledge. It holds the book open very well. If you don't have a ledge to prop it on, you might have to MacGyver something.

Gimble book holder

message 3: by Eastofoz (new)

Yeah Steamy I've got that gizmo too and it's no good for paperbacks I find :-/ I've done some MacGyvering (lol!) with elastics but there must be something better out there :(

Steamywindows♥♫ (steamywindows) | 9 comments Eastofoz wrote: "Yeah Steamy I've got that gizmo too and it's no good for paperbacks I find :-/ I've done some MacGyvering (lol!) with elastics but there must be something better out there :("

I agree, perhaps those clear plastic recipe book holders could be duck taped (winks) to the machine? By the way, I use a paperback book cover on my book and use it with the Gimble, snugs it up a bit....

message 5: by Eastofoz (new)

Steamywindows♥♫ wrote: "Eastofoz wrote: "Yeah Steamy I've got that gizmo too and it's no good for paperbacks I find :-/ I've done some MacGyvering (lol!) with elastics but there must be something better out there :("

I a..."

Hmm, now that could just work --I think I still have some leftover duct tape from last MacGyver-esque "invention" (lol!)

Steamywindows♥♫ (steamywindows) | 9 comments Eastofoz wrote: "Steamywindows♥♫ wrote: "Eastofoz wrote: "Yeah Steamy I've got that gizmo too and it's no good for paperbacks I find :-/ I've done some MacGyvering (lol!) with elastics but there must be something b..."

Grins, I have pink duck tape.

message 7: by Eastofoz (new)

Lol! Cool ;p