Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Setting up an author page for a pen name + a complication

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Murphy (MelissaMurphy) | 2 comments Hi!
I need a bit of help. I wrote Silent Changes under the pen name Melissa Murphy. (I have another account under Melissa Strnad) I would like to lay claim to the book, but it's currently listed with other books by authors with the same name. I don't want to claim someone else's book, so I didn't feel that clicking "this is me" was a good idea. Is there any way that Silent Changes can be added to this account with out adding the other books? And possibly combine it with my Melissa Strnad author account?
I've included the link to my website.
http://changeseries.weebly.com/index....

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2459 comments I've moved Silent Changes to Melissa^^Murphy, where a ^ equals a space. If you write more novels in the future you'll want to add the extra space in the author field when you add them (or let librarians know for ease of moving things around). Now that I've moved it you can safely go for the "this is me" link.

We keep the primary author the name listed on the cover (pen names included). I can ad Melissa Strnad as a secondary author for Silent Changes to link them together if you want, but we won't merge the two names together.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Murphy (MelissaMurphy) | 2 comments Thank you! I won't worry about adding a secondary author right now.