What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Coming of age book...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack (jackofaces) | 2 comments Hey guys, this is driving me CRAZY.

There's a book about this boy in high school who's kind of the jocky type with a crazy dad who's abusive, and another boy who's kind of the opposite.

It ends up where the kids are both in the principal's office, and when the antijock leaves he tells the principal "I hope you learned never to make a kid feel lower than a snail's belly again".

The cover was blue/green/purple.

PLEASE HELP!

message 2: by Deb (new)

Deb | 48 comments Sounds something like Tangerine by E. Bloor -

So what if he's legally blind? Even with his bottle-thick, bug-eyed glasses, Paul Fisher can see better than most people. He can see the lies his parents and brother live out, day after day. No one ever listens to Paul, though--until the family moves to Tangerine. In Tangerine, even a blind, geeky, alien freak can become cool. Who knows? Paul might even become a hero! Edward Bloor's debut novel ...

This was a horrible book, IMHO, but that did not stop our local school system from making it required reading in the 8th grade - so much for schools catering to girls' tastes....

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack (jackofaces) | 2 comments That's not it, but thanks for the help anyway.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 177 comments I can only find that phrase with it as a snake. I can't find the book though. Sorry. Are you sure it was a snail?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 21887 comments Mod
Jack, are you still looking for this?

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 29, 2013 02:19PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 6989 comments Mod
Try Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes. I think something like that is said towards the end of the book.

Jack hasn't been active since her last post. I did send her a PM. If no reply in a reasonable time, the next Mod can move this down to Abandoned.