The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

Book 3 - Assassin's Quest > Assassin's Quest Part One > Chapters Twenty Six - Thirty

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hanne (last edited Mar 12, 2013 02:20PM) (new)

Hanne (hanne2) | 791 comments Mod
ch26 - the way kettle is talking about the six wisemen being part of the old coterie, and all she knows about the Skill - my little sherlock nose tells me she was part of the old coterie. she snorted too loud when fitz was talking about them...
let's see if i'm right about this one...

i really felt for nighteyes when they lost the wit connection. he really was at his wit's end there!
i guess that might start happening more and more. i'm glad kettle is around to keep fitz on the right trail. imagine if he would have been on his own.
i guess the catalyst needs some other conditions to be right to play his game.

message 2: by Hanne (new)

o, and i just realized i have always kept the "part 1" in the title *slaps forehead*

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments You can edit the thread titles..

message 4: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments Rob is jealous

message 5: by Rob (new)

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments David Sven wrote: "Rob is jealous"

More like my OCD is screaming..o.O

message 6: by Hanne (new)

actually i can handle them being wrong... :D

message 7: by Rob (new)

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Hanne wrote: "actually i can handle them being wrong... :D"

I can too, doesn't mean I like it..lol.

message 8: by Hanne (last edited Mar 14, 2013 11:15AM) (new)

ch27 - the dragons are in town. i repeat: the dragons are in town.

and i almost missed it! i'm a bit ill, so my head is a bit foggy, and i struggle concentrating on the words. i almost completely missed the dragons, how did that happen?
it explains a bit where verity has been all this time i guess, though i might need to reread this chapter because the whole how-did-i-get-in-this-city is foggy too...

message 9: by Rob (new)

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments I'm afraid to respond to you because I don't know what you mean. lol.

message 10: by Hanne (new)

oops, was this chapter an halucination?

message 11: by Hanne (new)

ch28 - i knew it! kettle is ex-coterie, very skilled in the skill, so how much royal blood does she have?

and unfortunately there is another coterie on their backs. but they're in the city now, meeting the dragon. how exciting!

message 12: by Hanne (new)

ch29 - that's disturbing. waking up from a restless sleep and finding Regal looking into your soul. i might have been more shocked than Fitz himself.

apart from that, there isn't much happening right now. i hope we'll have some action soon!

message 13: by Hanne (new)

ch30 - laughed so hard with this: "Kettle was moodily draping wet laundry on a dragon to dry."
i'm not sure a dragon is the right place to put your laundry - even asleep.

Given the stone men and dragon in the "park", at least the first phrasing of the song makes sense:
Six Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
Climbed a hill and never came down
Found their flesh and lost their skins
Flew away on stony wings.

Now the other verses