Prom Week discussion

The School > Outdoor Fields

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ These fields include the football field, surrounded by the track for running, along with soccer, lacrosse, baseball, softball, field hockey fields. As it is the Spring sport season this will mainly be used for lacrosse, baseball, and softball.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Sitting out in the field Marc had his legs criss crossed and was currently making a chain out of Daisy flowers. Should he have been in class? Probably. Or should he have at the very least left campus? Yeah that might've been the smart thing to do. Did he do that? No. Instead he sat out in the middle of the football field.....making little daisy flower chain things to go around people's heads. Why? Because he could. Why? Because he didn't want to go to math class. Why? Because he was Marc. What other explanations were needed?

message 3: by Adena (last edited Mar 26, 2013 10:41AM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline was walking around the track, on her way to the parking lot, when she saw someone sitting out in the middle of the field. Whoever it was, they seemed to be very focused on whatever it was they were doing. She was going to just ignore them, but her curiosity eventually got the best of her. Caroline walked over to the person and saw that it was a guy. Upon closer inspection, she saw the tattoo on the back of his neck and knew it could only be on person. Marc Shamrock. They didn't talk much, but they hung out in the same social circles so it wasn't like they were complete strangers. "Oh, I didn't know that wearing old, wilting, dirty flowers around you head was coming back into fashion," she said with a smirk, looking down at him, eyebrows raised.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc had heard the sounds of some girl meandering her way towards him, but he didn't bother looking up from his work. After all....daisy head-things were far more important than some girl. "Why hello, Miss Caroline-ah-la, Pitty you don't like my daisy flower head things. I was going to make you one." Looking up at her he stuck out his lower lip as if pouting. After a moment though he couldn't keep it up and began to laugh. Looking back down at his flowers he smirked, "Wanna make some with me?" He offered trying to figure out why she was over here talking to him.

message 5: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline rolled her eyes when he greeted her. "Last time I checked, my name only had three syllables," she said. She couldn't help smiling when he began to laugh though. It was like his happiness was infectious. Caroline considered his offer for a moment. She could either decline and go home or waste some time making daisy chain headbands with Marc. Ultimately, she decided that anything was better than going home - the less time she spent with her parents, the better. Plus, she'd had kind of a bad day and could use some comic relief right now. "Okay, sure," Caroline said, sitting down with him. "I used to make these all the time when I was a kid."

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Caroline-ah-la is far more interesting and fun to say. If you want you can call me Marc-ca-la-la." He smiled at her and when she sat down he handed her one of the chains he had started but then he moved on and had started a new one. "I never made them when I was little. I'd always been the kid that hung upside down on the monkey bars until my head got so dizzy it felt like it was going to fall off." He smiled at her making it clear that aka he'd been the kid to be weird just to make all the other kids uncomfortable.

message 7: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Marc-ca-la-la?" Caroline asked. Actually, he was right, it was fun to say. Taking the chain from him, she began to add on to it. She gave him a quizzical look when he mentioned the monkey bars. "Well I'm glad to see that your head is still firmly attached to your neck," she told him. This was so strange, Caroline wasn't the type of person to stop and make daisy chains with random people. Especially someone like Marc. They were practically polar opposites. Every time she saw him he seemed to be smiling or laughing or generally just enjoying life. Caroline sometimes wished she could be that carefree, but then reality always came along and smacked he in the face. Her life would never be that simple and she knew it.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc nodded at her testing out the name, "See? Names with a lot of syllables are a lot more fun to say. Unless you're singing....then they kind of suck. That's why songs are always about people with short names like Mary....unless your name is John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt because that is always a fun song to sing." He shrugged his shoulders and at her comment about his head he looked up and winked at her, "Alas...my childhood dreams of being Nearly Headless Nick did not come true. It's too soon to speak of them..." He sighed as though truly crushed and then smirked and went back to adding more to his daisy chain.

message 9: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) A light laugh escaped Caroline's lips. What surprised her wasn't the fact that she was laughing, it was the fact that it was genuine. She couldn't remember the last time that her laugh had been anything but fake. Somehow her aloof, condescending attitude didn't faze Marc. It was like nothing she said would ruin his mood. Caroline looked down, focusing on the chain in her hand. "Great, now that song is stuck in my head," she said, starting to hum John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. "So, why are you out here making flower chains in the first place?" she asked curiously. "It doesn't seem like a hobby that a typical high school guy would have." Actually, it didn't seem like a hobby that a boy of any age would have, but she didn't mention that.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc laughed slightly and smiled at her, "You have a cute laugh.....but it sounds sort of different than your usual laugh. Your usual laugh is a lot more haughty. This one is more.....carefree. This one is better." He didn't care what she thought about him commenting on her laugh. He was just sharing his opinion. As for her comment about the daisy chains he shrugged, "Math bores me. Thought I would come out here but I left all my stuff in my locker so...." He gestured to the chains. "Decided to start honing my daisy chain skills. What do you think? Could I start a daisy chain business?" Holding up the chain in his hand it was a pitiful excuse of a daisy chain. Droopy and wilty and looking like it was about to fall apart at any moment. Not to mention it sort of looked like a car had run over it.

message 11: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline gave him a small smile. He was more observant than she thought. For the first time in a while, she was finding it hard to keep up her usual facade of indifference. His happiness was like some kind of virus that spread on contact. "Thanks," she said. Caroline looked up at his rather dilapidated daisy chain and tried to disguise her laughter with a cough. "Sure, you could start a business, although your daisy chain isn't exactly high end. It's more thrift store," she told him. "Mine, on the other hand, is simply beautiful," she said, holding hers up. It wasn't much better than his. "I don't know why people stopped making these. Who wouldn't want dirty flowers on their heads?" she asked, putting hers on.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc laughed putting his own on his head, "People stopped making them because they all realized they weren't cool enough to wear them." He joked, as if daisy chains were the new thing. All the celebrities were wearing them and those who didn't wear them? They were just mad. Everyone deserved to wear their own daisy flower thing that looked like it had been stomped on. "So, Caroline-ah-la. What exactly prompted you to meander your way over and start socializing with an organism as wonderful as myself?" He smirked at her obviously teasing her.

message 13: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Well I think we're definitely cool enough to pull off the whole dead flower look," Caroline said with a smile. Who would have thought that sitting in the middle of the field with Marc and making daisy chains would be the most fun she'd had all week? Caroline shrugged in response to his question. "I don't know, I was on my way to my car when I saw you sitting here. I was kind of curious and I figured that talking to an interesting organism such as yourself would be better than going straight home," she told him. "I hope you don't mind my sudden desire to socialize with you," she added. "The only organisms here are you and the flowers and I figured that you would provide a more stimulating conversation."

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Yes, I do agree, Flowers can be rather insulting when talking to things that aren't other flowers." He smirked up at her, a strange light playing in his eyes at his childish reference to Alice in Wonderland. Shrugging his shoulders he nodded in agreement at her assessment of them being cool enough for the wilted flowers he took his off his own mess of hair and then placed it on hers. "You're cool enough for two." He winked at her and then raised a brow at her. "So Miss Caroline-ah-la, why do you use that fake haughty laugh all the time? Makes you seem stuck up. No offense." He shrugged his shoulders, definitely not meaning any sort of offense.

message 15: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline grinned. "Alice in Wonderland was my favorite movie growing up," she told him. She had always wished she could disappear down a rabbit hole and fall into a different world. She would be grateful for any kind of escape from her own life. She stiffened a little when he reached over to put his chain on her head, but soon relaxed. She looked down at her hands and played with a few loose daisies laying on the ground. His question made her uncomfortable, but she felt like she was compelled to answer. "You seem to think that I'm a lot nicer than I am. Maybe I am stuck up," she said with a halfhearted shrug. "You seem to have everything all figured out. You make it look so easy to be yourself, but I- I'm not like that," she said, forcing herself to stop talking. At this rate, she was going to spill her entire life story of to him. He was just so easy to talk to. It was weird, and she wasn't entirely okay with that.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay At her words he couldn't help but chuckle afterwards, as though he had been holding in the laughter or something. It took a moment but the chuckles faded and he leaned over, bumping her shoulder lightly with his own a smile on his face. Not the 'aha what a loser' cruel smile, but the good natured kind of smile. "You are not haughty and stuck up. If you were you wouldn't be sitting here in a dirty field with a loser like me." He didn't say it with a hint of remorse or self pity, just as though it was a fact. Not that he was ashamed of it or anything, he knew he had self worth, even if others didn't see it. As for her comment about having things figured out? Well....he did....sort of. "Oh, Miss Caroline, if I had things figured out. I wouldn't be half as much fun as I am. The trick is to live in the moment. And you have to be yourself....everyone else is taken."

message 17: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline let a smile spread onto her face. She couldn't help it. She had only been talking to Marc for about fifteen minutes and he already acted like they were best friends. She wasn't used to people being so personal around her. Being cold and closed off herself, it didn't really make others want to open up around her. "Hey, the field isn't that dirty," she said, patting the grass. "And you're not a loser," she added. "A bit eccentric maybe, but anyone who calls himself Marc-ca-la-la can be a loser." Caroline's smile faded a little when he told her to be herself. She knew she couldn't do that, being that person was too painful, that's why she'd switched schools in the first place. The sad thing was, they may sit outside and make daisy chains together and call each other funny names, but if Marc were to come over and talk to her during school, while she was with her friends, she would probably ignore him or make some joke about him when he left. Doing that would tear her apart on the inside, but it was the outside that everyone saw. Caroline hated being so fake and superficial, but the consequences of letting people see who she really was were too severe. It wouldn't just affect her social status, it whole effect her entire family. As much as she disliked her parents and what they did, she didn't want them to end up in jail. "Live in the moment," Caroline repeated thoughtfully. "How do you do that? Aren't you afraid of what's going to happen in the future? You have to have some kind of plan or nothing would ever go the way you want, everything would be completely unexpected," she said, looking over at him. Her voice was calm, but there was a certain desperation in her eyes. She really wanted to hear the answer to those questions. Maybe that would help her figure out what to do with her life. The last time she had lived in the moment, she had ended up with a child that she didn't want and couldn't care for.

message 18: by ( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay (last edited Mar 31, 2013 07:20PM) (new)

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc had been completely prepared to smile and just take things lightly, but at her sudden turn in expression....that look in her eyes he paused and then let out a breath as though he'd been holding and smiled at her. A comforting smile tinged with a bit of concern. "Well, to be honest I do what I can to make sure that my life is fun...but not dangerous. Like, I get drunk, but I keep some trusted people around who won't let me do anything too stupid. Nothing that could ruin my future." He shrugged and then froze at a sight of something on Caroline's wrist. A rather familiar tattoo. Looking at it a slight smirk stretched across his face, "Cute tattoo." Of course he recognized it. Meetings in some lame cabin out in the middle of no where? Of course he was bound to look at the others. Try to figure out who they were. He was pretty sure that he knew who most of the big sisters and brothers were. After all...it wasn't like he actually had to pay attention at the meetings. He only had one job.....watch Aeryon.

message 19: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline looked down. She could tell he had been surprised by her sudden questions. He hadn't really provided her with the answers she'd been searching for, but she hadn't really expected him to. She sighed and returned his kind smile. It made sense, what he said, about doing spontaneous things, but making sure it wouldn't result in him getting hurt. "Hmm, so what you're saying is that you're responsible about being irresponsible," he concluded. Caroline laughed and turned her wrists so that he could see the tattoo better. "Thanks, I got this one a year and a half ago. And I have one on my ribs that I got a year ago. I think I want to get another one soon. Any suggestions?" she asked him. "What was the inspiration for your tattoo?"

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Seeing as my tattoo came from one drunken night where my 'responsible' buddy decided that watching me get a tattoo would be funny....I don't think you want to talk to me about these sorts of matters." He teased lightly and then shrugged his shoulders, "Guilty as charged. I'm a walking paradox." Still....looking at Caroline he couldn't help but be a little curious. Was that why she was so guarded? Because of something the populars had done to her? He was especially curious as to why she was part of the brotherhood....who she was assigned to. What her job was. He couldn't think of someone being that dark to her. She had that sort of face...sort of angelic in a way. Impossible to harm. An underlying innocence. "What was the inspiration for yours?"

message 21: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline laughed. "Well, I can see how that might be amusing. At least it's not something too awful," she said. She bit her when he asked about her tattoo. Great, now she had to find some way to change the subject. Why did she keep letting her guard down around him? Just because he was a decent guy - which was hard to find at this school - it didn't mean she could tell him everything. It didn't mean that she should let her walls down. Most importantly, even though he was sweet and funny, it didn't mean she could trust him. "Oh, nothing really," she lied with a shrug. "I knew I wanted one simple word, so I decided on 'fearless.' I don't know, it just sounded pretty cool and I figured it would give me a bit more of an edge." The lie was effortless, just like the thousands that had come before. There was a part of her that felt guilty about lying to such an open and genuine person, but it couldn't be helped. Caroline knew she needed to protect herself and she couldn't keep slipping up while in his company. She knew from experience that just a few words could have catastrophic outcomes.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Huh," There was a moment of pause and then Marc nodded, and smirked teasingly at her, his eyes sparkling slightly, "And here I thought you were a die-hard Taylor Swift Fan girl." He smiled unable to help himself when it came to teasing her like that. Of course....he knew she was lying. I mean it was a simple matter. She had avoided looking at his eyes, she kept her motions stiff and small, her body had tensed slightly. Her tone was nonchalant as though it didn't matter. But it did....obviously. Still he wasn't one to press things. "Have you ever had poutine?" He asked suddenly, changing topics just as easily as one might change their shirt.

message 23: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline looked at him, unable to gauge his reaction. She wasn't sure whether he had believed her lie or not, but either way, she was glad he hadn't pressed the issue. "Of course, T-Swift is my ultimate role model, who wouldnt want to be a bubbly, boyfriend-dumping blonde? But she hasn't directly effected my life enough for me to get her album name tattooed on my arm," she said, shaking her head. "Honestly, the way her love life is going, I think she should just start her cat collection now, for all of those lonely nights she's going to have in the future." Caroline gave him a quizzical look. "Um, no, I haven't had poutine before. I can't say it sounds too appetizing," she said, wrinkling her nose slightly. "It kind of sounds like 'poo tin'," she said with a laugh. Poo tin? Really Caroline? Where the heck did that come from? He probably thinks I have the maturity of a ten year old boy now...

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Marc laughed, "I wouldn't go that far. I would bet my favorite toe she will always find some guy who is willing to date her." He shrugged, that was the life of a celebrity, and then smiled at her comment. "It does sound gross. But it looks even worse. It is like fries with cut up chunks of white cheese and syrup on top. Canadians love it though and I think its some way the candian government instigates mind control. Its the only explaination for why the canadians are so nice. And why they have such good syrup." He nodded keeping his face serious as if this was dire top secret information.

message 25: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "Hm, I was unaware you had a favorite toe. Which one is it?" Caroline asked curiosly. This guy was so strangely intriguing. He seemed to just say whatever came to mind and it always seemed to sound right. She grimaced when he described what poutine looked like. "I think I'll just take the poo tin actually," she said. Caroline leaned closer when he started talking about the Canadians as if they were sharing a secret that no one else could ever find out. "I always wondered about the syrup. It just doesn't make sense. How could a simple breakfast condiment taste so good?" she asked.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay With Caroline leaning closer the only thing Marc was more aware of was not to do any sort of wide arm motions and risk hitting her. So instead he just smirked, "Exactly. The Syrup is a conspiracy." Shrugging he winked at her, "I can't tell you about my favorite toe, because I don't know if I can trust you yet." Shrugging his shoulders in an 'oh well' sort of way he smiled. Wasn't it odd? He trusted her with his backstory but not as to what toe was his favorite? Well, that was just Marc. "What was your favorite game as a kid? Mine was candyland. I always lost though."

message 27: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline nodded gravely in understanding when he said he couldn't trust her with the identification of his favorite toe, but it wasn't long before she burst into laughter. She didn't remember ever laughing this much in one day. Her life generally wasn't very amusing. Caroline had to think for a while before answering. "I like card games. I didn't really have many people to at with when I was younger so I had to find things that I could do by myself. Did you know that solitaire isn't just that specific game that you play on the computer; it's any card game that only requires one person," she told him. She shrugged. "I'm probably the only girl you know who could force your entire family into bankruptcy after just a few rounds of poker," she said with a mischievous smirk.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Well I don't doubt it. No doubt you have a wonderful poker face, but it wouldn't be that hard to do. Forcing the Quinton's though. That I would love to see." He smirked at her and shrugged before smiling, "And I have more brains than to play a card shark in a game." Chuckling he was glad to see her smile so much. Usually she was so somber and she always had a slight sneer on her face during school, as if she was smelling something gross. It was hardly noticeable, but it was just a slight tilt at the corner of her lips, which was why he noticed it. Caroline had nice lips. He'd noticed that a while ago, bored one day at lunch and he'd been people watching. Oh well...it was just something that he had noticed. Smiling at her he raised a brow, "So if you didn't play with a lot of people, how did you get so good at poker?"

message 29: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Caroline paused for a moment before answering him. Whenever she told him something, he always seemed to respond with questions that backed her into a corner, forcing her to reveal something about herself, or in this case, her parents. "My dad was pretty fond of poker. He never taught me though, so I had to learn by myself. When I finally got him to play with me, he realized how good I was. Whenever his busine- friends came over, he would get them them to play me. They never believed that I would be a challenge, until I was holding all of their money at the end on the game," she said with a smirk. Caroline hoped he hadn't noticed her small blunder, but knowing Marc, he probably had. Oh well, hopefully he would have the tact and common sense not to ask about it.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "huh." Was all Marc said after that and then smiling over at her he stood, dusting off the back of his pants. Little blades of grass blowing away in the slight breeze of the day. Running a hand through his black hair, more out of habit than anything else he nodded at her. "So what your saying is that I should never challenge you to poker? Alright then. I'll try to remember that the next time I get drunk." Reaching over he ruffled Caroline's hair in an affectionate way, as if they'd been friends for all their lives or something. "Lighten up a bit Caroline, you're more fun when you're not so.....Queenly." Shrugging his shoulders he turned and walked off, no need for good-byes. It wasn't as if he'd never see her again.

message 31: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

Me, Myself, and I | 1508 comments Mod
The wind running through her loose honey hair, Ari continued jogging along the track feild. Her legs, exposed under her shorts, were beginning to burn, -which only made sense, seeing as how she'd been jogging for the past ten minutes straight- but it was the good kind of burn. The type that brought a bright, yet utterly pooped, smile to her face. Yeah, she was tired, but not enough so to actually stop.

Until she saw her water bottle lying in the grass, like a beacon of white light shining dow from the heavens.

Oh, thank the Lord. Stopping beside it, she bent down, the muscles in her legs flexing, before scooping up the water bottle. "I promise I'll never leave you again." The words were saod gratefully, as if it were a best friend she was trying to make up with. She tugged the cap open with her teeth and took a long drink, feeling the water somehow do wonders to sooth the burning. Like it had magical properties or something. Dubstep blasted from her headphones, the base beating like an electric heart rate.

message 32: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Edmund came slapped his wristwatch to stop the timer and slowed his sprint to a jog. He had just completed his mile and was aiming to run it in four minutes and thirty seconds. So far his best time was about four minutes and fifty seconds. Edmund was hoping to work himself up and get to about a four minute mile. After slowing down to a walk he put his hands behind his head and started to walk towards Lexi. Plopping down besides her he looked at the watch and read his time aloud. "Four, thirty-seven." He said, laying down on his back breathing hard.

It was a beautiful day outside and Edmund was glad that the gym teacher allowed them all to just run on their own. The average pace of the class was like a walk for Edmund. Running in a groups only slowed him down and did him no physical benefit. But today they were told to do five laps around the track and then do whatever they wanted. Edmund grinned at the idea of already being done while most others were barely finishing their second lap.

message 33: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

Ari flopped down in the grass, hair fanning around her shoulders, to stretch out in the vegetation. The condensation from her bottle felt cool against her slick palms and she took another drink, stretching out her bare legs in the grass. By the time Elvis had sat down beside her, watch in hand, she was already starting to cool off. "Oh my God." Taking the water from him, she blinked down at it against the sunlight. Yup, 4:37. Sweet baby Jesus, he sure had some legs on him.

She'd always known her best friend would wipe the track with most people's running time, but geez.

"You've got to show me your trick sometime." Flicking the cold water on her hand from the condensation at him with her bright smile still in place, she laid back in the grass beside him. While Elvis was the fast one in their duo, she was much more of the 'I think I'll take ny time, thanks' kinda gal. In other words, her times were nowhere near as pretty as his. Seriously, he could no doubt run circles around her without even trying. Stretching out her legs beside him, her honey hair fanned around her head in the grass, she turned her head to look back over at him. "You're staying after for practice tonight, right?"

message 34: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "It's all about practice, Lex. And long legs." He said with a grin as he reached over and tool her water bottle from her hand, taking a fee sips while attempting to ignore the fluttering feeling in his stomach and the fast beating of his heart, which was caused by something more than just running a four and half minute mile. Edmund even felt his face flushing with color as his body brushed Lexi's when she laid down. Hopefully she would take it as a result of his running. Edmund tried to ignore all those little physical reactions from being so close to Lexi by finding a focus point. And that would have to be the grass. It was still a little wet from the early morning dew, but the feeling was more than welcome.

After a few moments his breathing was finally regular once more and he was able to push away all romantic feelings between him and Lexi. "Of course." He said in response to her question which broke their silence. Today was one of those rare days when the softball team had an away game and the baseball team got yo have the field right after school for practice instead of after softball practice. "You're still giving me a ride home?"

message 35: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

Ari pouted for a moment as she considered what he was saying. Looking rejectedly down at the rather short nature of her legs. I mean, sure, her legs counted for probably fifty five percent of her body, but that really wasn't saying much when her body as a whole wasn't very long. Flipping her hair up in a not-so-graceful manner, the bun was sloppy and a few of her silky locks not quite long enough to actually be pulled back. "Looks like we can count me out than, huh?" Looking playfully disheartened, she leaned onto her elbow towards him, forehead falling against his side. Even all sweaty, he was still comfortable as ever. "But that's okay- I'll just focus on being your personal cheerleader." The idea in itself was ridiculous enough to make her laugh against him. They both knew Ari would never fit in that crowd, much less be able to do a hurtle.

But she'd totally try for Elvis.

"Good." Reaching up to ruffle his hair, she pulled away from him and reached for her watle bottle again. Taking another sip, she raked the stray locks of hair back from her face. "Is it lame that I'm excited we're getting the feild so soon?" Her face lit up like a Christmas tree just thinking about it. Yes, it's very lame. At his question, she twisted around to face him, looking down at him from her perch above with a snort. Because that was attractive. "Do you even have to ask?"

message 36: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Edmund laughed at the idea of her cheering with the cheer leaders in their costumes and everything. Forget the idea of her holding pom poms and yelling cheers. "Be aggressive! B. E. Aggressive." He yelled out mockingly, pumping his hands in the air and waving his hands at the end. His little cheer act earned him a few strange looks and the finger from one of the cheerleaders walking past who must have assumed it was directed at them. If Edmund had been any other person he probably would have smiled back of given them the finger as well. But this was Edmund, the type of guy who would mutter an apology and lower hands with a face flushed with embarrassment.

message 37: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (last edited Apr 18, 2013 01:44PM) (new)

Ari stuck out her bottom lip, mock pouting at his laugh. She was sure she could be the best damn cheerleader out there for Elvis if she actually put her mind to it. Aside from, you know, not being very flexible. Still, her level of peppiness was pretty stellar if she did say so herself. And she could no doubt rock the pom poms. The uniform, on the other hand? Well. . . Yeah, her legs weren't good enough for a skirt. Not thanks to all those times she'd been hit by a baseball or skidded into home base.

Laughing when he mocked a cheer, she stretched out and laid her head on his stomach. When the girls on the squad shot him a few dirty looks, she simply laughed again. "Hey, don't worry! He's just rehearsing for try-outs." The words were called over to them before she turned her head to look up at Elvis. Whose face was flushed adorably, like he'd been caught doing something bad. "They were just jealous of your kick-ass cheer." Ari beamed up at him, her honey hair fanned over his opposing ribcage and falling into the grass thanks to her position with her head on his stomach.

message 38: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Edmund put his arm around Lexi as her head came to rest on his stomach. It was just a natural movement that he had done countless times before. Yet recently it felt so awkward and intimate. As if this was the first time he had to wrap around his arm around Lexi's shoulders. Of course, this awkwardness occurred each time he touched Lexi in anyway since he had first developed feelings for her. Seven months with a silly school boy type crush. And every time he thought he was about to get over her, something like this had to happen where he'd be at a loss for words because he was lost in the beauty of her voice and just her being. Yet, she never seemed to notice and it only left him with a slightly broken heart.

message 39: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

When Elvis's arm came to rest around her, Ari turned her head on his stomach. Her position sprawled over him was comfy- Elvis was comfy. Like a on-the-go pillow. One of the many things she loved about him. It was moments like these, when they were literally doing nothing, absolutely nothing, together, that were really the best in her eyes. Smiling up at him brightly, she rolled over on her side, reaching up to push a lock of blonde hair away from her eyes. Her eyes searched his from her position with her head on his stomach, irises sparkling in the sunlight. "You're like my personal pillow, Elvis." Her eyes continued searching his. "Whatcha thinkin' about?" She bit her bottom lip, still smiling up at him.

message 40: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Edmund didn't realize that he was staring into Lexi's direction until her eyes met his. His eyes with that sparkle and thoughtful look. Hers, beautiful as ever, full of excitement and curiosity. "I was thinking about you. About us. And how much I love. And not how much I love you as a friend. But how I love you in the way where I just want to hold you and kiss you and stay that way forever and take you to the Red Sox at Fenway Park over the summer with you as my date. I want to take you to prom as my date. I want you to like me back, Lexi. I love you." Edmund blinked. The idea of saying such a thing was completely preposterous. He spoke after a short pause, his eyes searching hers. "Hmmm? I don't know. It was just a spacing out moment." He said, casually. Liar

((just in case you're confuse. That first dialogue was him imagining himself saying that.))

message 41: by Me, Myself, and I, You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve (new)

Ari watched Elvis, still laying nonchalantly on his stomach. Her eyes locked with his, those electrifying blue irises so easy to get lost in as she laid one arm in front of her, fingers playing with his soft shirt. His blue eyes were breath-takingly gorgeous, that much was a known fact: Unlike her own mediocre, boring, poop-brown eyes. You have such beautiful eyes. She'd once said something along those lines to him a year or two back and he'd simply rolled his eyes, tossing a baseball at her.

There were clearly things going on behind his eyes and, while she knew Elvis possibly better than she knew her own self, she couldn't quite figure out what he was thinking at that exact second.

At his words, she sat up slightly with a bright smile, honey hair falling around her face. "Right, Elvis." But she knew better than to make him feel pressured into telling her anythings. "But I have a question to ask you, so you're off the hook." Lowering her gaze, she had an odd moment of feeling nervous, -nothing something Ari was accustom to- because what if he said no? What if he didn't want to go with her? But this is my best friend, here. "I was wondering if you'd maybe wanna come to prom with me? It'd be pretty lame without you there, Elvis."

(Ahaha, I get what you mean, don't worry.)