Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

What will happen if Jem finds out?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amgeo3 (last edited Mar 12, 2013 12:49PM) (new)

Amgeo3 Will Jem find out about Will and Tessa?
How will it happen?
What will happen if he finds out?

Tawni I dunno... I think it would depend on HOW Jem finds out about Will & Tessa's feelings for each other. If the two of them are caught red-handed, Jem would probably be pretty pissed (and rightfully so). If, on the other hand, Jem finds out by some random way, then I can see him just making curious inquiries to Will. He HAS Tessa, afterall. It would make sense for him to assume that Tessa loved him more.

I hope to god, though, that Jem doesn't get the impression that Tessa is marrying him out of pity. That would be awful.

message 3: by Amgeo3 (new)

Amgeo3 Tawni wrote: "I dunno... I think it would depend on HOW Jem finds out about Will & Tessa's feelings for each other. If the two of them are caught red-handed, Jem would probably be pretty pissed (and rightfully s..."

SAME!

At the same time though, I feel that in a way... tessa is marrying Jem out of pity.

Tawni Amgeo3 wrote: "Tawni wrote: "I dunno... I think it would depend on HOW Jem finds out about Will & Tessa's feelings for each other. If the two of them are caught red-handed, Jem would probably be pretty pissed (an..."

I want there to be some sort of happy parting... like.... he can fall in love with Cecily instead. Then Tessa is free to go to Will & everyone can be all happy. LOL

Shweta I'm not sure i mean what would he really do?
Well he would be pissed of an yeah my thoughts are what the comments are above

message 6: by Amgeo3 (new)

Amgeo3 TOTALLY!
lol... that is my prediction that Cecily is going to be a spy bt then she will fall in love with Jem....

message 7: by Zoe (last edited Mar 12, 2013 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Jackson Tawni wrote: "Amgeo3 wrote: "Tawni wrote: "I dunno... I think it would depend on HOW Jem finds out about Will & Tessa's feelings for each other. If the two of them are caught red-handed, Jem would probably be pr..."

Yes!!! I hope something like that will happen!! I adore Will and Tessa, but I love Jem as well. Maybe him and Cecily would be cute together.

message 8: by Amgeo3 (new)

Amgeo3 I think that it would be so great for Jem and Cecily will be together because then Jem, Will, and Tessa will all be related... it's like Harry Potter all over again!

Nurlely Cecily should go with Gabriel. She is so full of life to be with the dying Jem, to take care of his drug problem, and she is only interested in Jem because Will is different with Jem.

One of the snippets tell us that Gabriel was a bit surprised seeing Cecily. That implies something bigger is to happen with them.

Nurlely Amgeo3 wrote: "Will Jem find out about Will and Tessa?
How will it happen?
What will happen if he finds out?"

Jem will be in pain when he finds out about the origin of Tessa's acceptance, that she pities him, despite the love she has for him. No matter how he finds it out, he will feel devastated.

Rachael Tessa could just simply admit to Jem that she loves another. That she loves them so much it hurts, that she can never be with this other person but it isn't fair on Jem, that she can't give the 100% he deserves. So therefore brakes up with him. Then later on Jem could find out it was Will. Still he'll be devastated..

message 12: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 13, 2013 01:37AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Rachael wrote: "Tessa could just simply admit to Jem that she loves another. That she loves them so much it hurts, that she can never be with this other person but it isn't fair on Jem, that she can't give the 100..."

Yep.... that's the best way. But Tessa started it as a 'coward', I don't think she has enough courage to 'kill' Jem in the process. Unless if Will gets into a terrible accident and is badly hurt, maybe she will weep incessantly and admit her forever love to Will, with everyone there watching and hearing.

But I hate that idea of mine. I don't want Will to get hurt in any other way. He is hurt bad enough by loving a stupid girl and befriending an ignorant boy.

Rachael I agree. But keeping with the Will being hurt theme, it could be the only way she comes clean. I mean it could actually be the only way she really finds out just how strongly she feels for him. That she can't possibly be with anyone else. She will be scared into admition... I like it. Not the Will being hurt but the rest!

message 14: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 13, 2013 01:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely I actually think that Tessa doesn't deserve Will at all. She doesn't hold on to her love long enough.
She loves Will, but when Will denied her, she immediately finds comfort in the next boy. Even if she felt guilty for misleading Jem with her love, and wanted to keep Jem happy before he meets his demise, she didn't actually need to say Yes to his proposal. They can be boy-girlfriend! Jem would have been happy if Tessa said she loved him without saying Yes to his proposal.

The whole thing about the engagement is so stupid.

Sophie Basically, if Jem found out, he'd either throw a fit and get angry, or he'd give in to his kinder side, and let Will and Tessa be together.

Come on guys. You all know the latter is what we all want :)

Tawni Nurlely wrote: "...One of the snippets tell us that Gabriel was a bit surprised seeing Cecily. That implies something bigger is to happen with them."

True, but there was also a snippet showing Cecily thinking Jem was cute. I think Cassie has done her best to keep us all guessing up until the very last minute! lol

message 17: by Sophie (last edited Mar 13, 2013 03:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie But another snippet says that Cecily wouldn't be with Jem, something about her knowing that he was utterly in love with Tessa, and he would only ever love her, blah blah blah...

Tawni Sophie wrote: "But another snippet says that Cecily wouldn't be with Jem, something about her knowing that he was utterly in love with Tessa, and he would only ever love her, blah blah blah..."

haha, I think that's the same snippet I was talking about. I'm telling you.... this is a conspiracy. Tessa probably abandons both boys & marries Church.

Sophie I can see where your going with that...
;)

ha lol

Tawni lol, and then i went to tumblr and saw this: http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post...

Sophie Aww, so sweet :) Night :)

message 22: by Nurlely (last edited Mar 13, 2013 04:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nurlely Tawni wrote: "True, but there was also a snippet showing Cecily thinking Jem was cute. I think Cassie has done her best to keep us all guessing up until the very last minute! lol "

Got this late. Thanks to Sophie for her nice reply.

As Sophie mentioned above, the latest snippet says otherwise, . And the idea of Jem and Cecily doesn't interest me. Cecily will die slowly taking care of Jem. Plus... Cecily needs at least 1-2 more years before she can get serious with boys. At that time Jem would have probably died.

Nurlely Awwww.... she called herself Mrs Tessa Herondale. So cute!

I rather called myself.... Mrs Me-Herondale.... LOL

message 24: by Amgeo3 (new)

Amgeo3 I'm really afriad that what's going to happen is that when Jem finds out about Will and Tessa.... he will have some kind of panic attack.
He will then get really hurt and possibly die... I am so nervous and excited for this book though... I just hope that in the end everyone will end up happy.
Hopefully...
Jem will break up with Tessa before she has the chance to break up with him... then Tessa won't have to live with the guilt of breaking his heart and Jem won't have to live with the sorrow.
The end that I do NOT want is for Tessa to either turn out to love Magnus, or she suddenly becomes lesbien or something and falls in love with Cecily (or anyone else besides Jem or Will).
Also, there is a chance that Jem might fall in love with Jessamine instead of Cecily... I don't think so though. Just putting it out there.
But the worst thing would be if Jem dies before (or after) Tessa and Jem get married... because then Will and Tessa will not be able to get together because then they would feel like they were betraying their best friend.
Or even if Will was to die... that would be really bad too. There are SOOOOOOOOOOOO many possibilities!
The song by Bruno Mars, When I Was Your Man, reminds me of the whole Will and Tessa thing. Will is Bruno Mars and Jem is the other guy who the song is refering to.
I just know that Clockwork Princess is going to make me cry... but hopefully not as much as Clockwork Prince did.

message 25: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I am so excited for this so many of our questions will be answered! I think that Jem will find out accidenttily maybe by walking in on Will and Tessa. But I really like the idea of Will getting hurt and Tessa professing her love in front of everyone but if it happend that way I think Jem woud be pretty mad.