What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Elling (Elling, #3)
This topic is about Elling
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. two agoraphobic guys that lived together as friends, and they had cats. One day they have to leave their house, because they had to go out for some reason [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 23 comments I am looking for a book that was originally written in Norwegian. I think it was about two agoraphobic guys that lived together as friends, and they had cats. One day they have to leave their house, because they had to go out for some reason, I can't remember. It was a funny book, but I didn't get the chance to read it all. Does anyone what book this is or who the author is? If anyone could recommend me any funny Norwegian books, I would appreciate it.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
When did you read this Carly? And was it YA or Adult or Children's?

message 3: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Perhaps Elling?

message 4: by Andria (new)

And for other funny Norwegian books, perhaps something by Lars Saabye Christensen?

message 5: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 23 comments It isn't a YA/children's book (I don't read books in those genres), i'm not sure what age group it would be for. It was awhile ago that I read this, I just suddenly remembered that I wanted to know the name, because I never read it all.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Elling was also published under the title Beyond the Great Indoors. Have you had a chance to look at the description, Carly? It sounds a lot like what you described. Here is a GR reader review: "Odd and funny! Elling and his large friend Kjell Bjarne have been given a flat together after leaving a rehab centre. Both have major social issues which means things such as visiting their social worker's house for dinner or popping out for a meal become huge but hilarious obstacles."

message 7: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 23 comments Yes that's the book! Thank you, i've been wondering what this book was for a long time, thank you for looking online for he book, based on the vague information, that I gave.

message 8: by Carly (last edited Mar 14, 2013 02:46PM) (new) - added it

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 23 comments Does anyone know if there are any similar books to Beyond the great indoors? I like the humour and oddball characters in the book.

message 9: by Andria (new)

Carly, if you click on the link I posted earlier in the thread, for "Elling" - on the GR page there are suggestions for similar books. You may find something there.

message 10: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly Nicholas (zombie_girl) | 23 comments Great, thank you for your help. I really liked this book because it is unique, and weird but funny.