Western Readers discussion

General > Open Topics

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ursina (new)

Ursina (farmersdaughter) | 7 comments Mod
Anything to do with the group, GB or reading goes here.

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison Bruce (AlisonBruce) | 6 comments This looks like a good spot for an introduction. I'm a western reader and author. My dad introduced me to Louis L'Amour and Zane Grey when I was in my teens - as a counter point to the Regency Romances my mother started me on. I fell in love with Chic Bowdrie the moment I laid eyes on his description. "Trouble", my character's horse owes a lot to the hammer head Bowdrie rode.

My own book is Under A Texas Star. I'll admit, I'm hoping it will find fans here. (As I write this, my inner voice is dropping into a Texas drawl.)
Under a Texas Star by Alison Bruce

message 3: by Alison (last edited Jun 06, 2011 04:00PM) (new)

Alison Bruce (AlisonBruce) | 6 comments PS: If you like TexMex, I have a guest blog with recipes on Authors & Appetizers http://www.authorsandappetizers.com I'm giving away two copies of my book in a draw. All you have to do is leave a comment.The blog goes up Tuesday June 7,2011.

message 4: by Paty (new)

Paty Jager | 3 comments Hi, I'm a western author and reader. My grandfather read Louis L'Amour and I grew up and live in a rural area. My books are located in areas I'm familiar with and I love doing the research to make it an entertaining read and educational.

The old west was full of men and women who had to "buck up" or find themselves being trod on. It's that type of spirit I like to infuse into my characters.

My books are available through Wild Rose Press, Amazon, Kindle, Smashwords, and most e-book outlets.

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison Bruce (AlisonBruce) | 6 comments I'm guest blogging at http://sapphireromance.blogspot.com/2... Drop by and leave a comment. You could win an eBook.

Alison
Under a Texas Star by Alison Bruce

message 6: by Jacquie (new)

Jacquie (jacquierogers) | 4 comments I started a new blog for western readers. Last week, Paty Jager posted an article on stagecoaches and before that, we had L.J. and Kat Martin.

Romancing The West

Today, I have a post up about bounty hunters. RTW is booked solid with interesting articles, author interviews, and excerpts clear into December, so I'd love for you to stop by and light a spell. :)

Jacquie