The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

The Infernal Devices

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sofia (Bookish Wanderess), Founder (new)

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments This is a discussion where you can talk about anything related with The Infernal Devices series.

message 2: by Alexandra (last edited Mar 20, 2013 01:58AM) (new)

Alexandra  (cherry_crush) | 30 comments Definitely favorite book series read in 2012-2013. If someone has read The Mortal Instruments before that like me you cannot not see the difference in the writing. Cassandra Clare really evolved as a writer and the books are a constant action-packed emotional rollercoaster, not every writer can manage to successfully combine those two.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (originally_elle) | 250 comments CANNOT WAIT for Clockwork Princess!!!

message 4: by ♥~Zoee~♥ (new)

♥~Zoee~♥ (zoeeracheel) | 8 comments i have been counting down the days to clockwork princess since about october last year. i am obessesed with this series and mortal intruments.
love it.... GO CASSIE CLARE

message 5: by Mou (new)

Mou Mia (blanketforts) I haven't read ANY of The Infernal Devices. Maybe I'll go buy a copy...

message 6: by ♥~Zoee~♥ (new)

♥~Zoee~♥ (zoeeracheel) | 8 comments ^ ( for Little ) this series is really good im sure you would love it

message 7: by Beladora (new)

Beladora (kylothccemsren_) | 3 comments Little wrote: "I haven't read ANY of The Infernal Devices. Maybe I'll go buy a copy..."

You should read it, You'll fall in love instantly.
You'll fall in love with either Jem of Will in Clockwork-Angel.

message 8: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelsea_may_) I'm in love with Jem *le sigh* I just bough a copy of Clockwork Princess yesterday so keen to read it!

message 9: by Arrow (new)

Arrow | 3 comments I had never heard of them before? Are the good?

message 10: by Ayu (new)

Ayu (ianosheas) | 22 comments The Infernal Devices are much much MUCH better than The Mortal Instruments.

Currently reading Clockwork Princess.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I just finished Cp2 about a week ago! It's my favorite in the series. I couldn't have asked for a better ending! I personally prefer TID to TMI

message 12: by Tori (new)

Tori (probablytori) I simpy cannot believe the ending. I refuse to believe the epilogue was real, because it wasn't :(

message 13: by Addie (new)

Addie (justthisonetime) | 21 comments to those Will and Jem shippers, this may be sort of (but not really a spoiler) but all sides win. Really. Like both get the team they support. That and the first edition of the book has a special family tree connecting to almost all the characters of City of Bones. AND Jem and Tessa may or may not play a role in the new series "Dark Artifices" coming out 2015

message 14: by Emily (new)

Emily (emkathh) I thought that the thing with Mortmain ended a little too easy, though I loved everything else! And ohmigod that epilogue ;(

But in the TLH series that follows the next generation after Will and Gideon and all the others, we'll get to see more of (view spoiler) <33

message 15: by Katelyn (last edited Apr 10, 2013 04:19PM) (new)

Katelyn Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series is a million times better than the Mortal Instruments series in my opinion. I'm not saying I don't love the Mortal Instruments series, but if I had to make the choice between which to buy at the bookstore, Infernal Devices would win. Will Herondale is my favorite character of all time, and at times I think he's more complicated than Severus Snape from Harry Potter (but then I laugh a bit and think he's a super close second, because no one beats Snape out there). As of late, I've gotten more and more annoyed with the love triangles in books, but this was one where I could understand Tessa's indecision. Both Jem and Will are amazing, and if I were in her position, I would find choosing between them impossible.

message 16: by Katelyn (new)

Katelyn Tori wrote: "I simpy cannot believe the ending. I refuse to believe the epilogue was real, because it wasn't :("

I could not get over it for a good week after I read it. Even now when my friend brings up the series I can't talk about it. I loved the epilogue but I despised it at the same time. I just can't form an opinion on it.

message 17: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bnylls) Although I've been meaning to read these books since Clockwork Angel was first published, I have only just started and I'm finding it hard to get stuck into...which is rather disappointing for me.

message 18: by Yakara (new)

Yakara Katelyn wrote: "Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices series is a million times better than the Mortal Instruments series in my opinion. I'm not saying I don't love the Mortal Instruments series, but if I had to make..."

I agree with the first statement whole-heartedly. I loved The Mortal Instruments when I first read them a couple years ago. I just reread them after reading the Infernal Devices and didn't like them as much the second time around.

As much as many people didn't like the epilogue, I thought it was great.

Kristine Isabelle (shekissedthesky) I loved the epilogue. Usually, we'd expect that she would choose between Team Jem or Team Will. It's a different choice that were used to and that's what I loved about it.

message 20: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bnylls) Okay, so I got well stuck into Clockwork Angel and...I LOVE IT. I am now halfway through Clockwork Prince. I have had the intention to read The Mortal Instruments ever since City of Bones was first published, but I've never got there, and after hearing that TID is much better, I am hesitant to read TMI, I must admit - of course I'm going to read them eventually, it's just a matter of when.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanted to read "The Infernal Devices" because eventually I would like to get into "The Mortal Instruments," and I heard the trilogy was first. I loved all of them, but specifically "Clockwork Princess." I thought that the ending was so original! Great reads, all three of them.