Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > Need a librarian to add a new book?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 23 comments Hello!

I'm about to publish an ebook on amazon and barnes and nobel and when I went up manually add a book, it said that I need a librarian to do that. Is anyone available who can help with this? I have a jpg of the cover are... I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish this?? Thanks in advance! :)

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Anderson (jenni8677) | 12 comments I added my book and tried to connect it with my author page and received an error message directing me to this loop. Help please. The book is Queen Mean and I am the author and I have an author profile.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41994 comments Mod
Moved #3.

Jennifer, when manually adding books, be sure to put two spaces between your first and last names. That will make the book end up on your profile, instead of the profile of another author with the same name as you.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Anderson (jenni8677) | 12 comments Ok. How do I fix it now? Does someone have to delete?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41994 comments Mod
I already moved it for you.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Anderson (jenni8677) | 12 comments Thank you so much. Love this site!

message 8: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 23 comments Thanks for the link. I am currently constructing a website but it isn't functional yet... any suggestions on where to post a book cover photo to link to?

Thanks!

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gabb | 9 comments Hello, I have a new book that I would like to add.

Title: Inspirational Quotes for Relieving Stress: Inspiration & Stress Relief Tips

Author: Sarah Gabb

ASIN: B00BPMHSRU

Publication Date: March 5, 2013

Format: Kindle

Description: Inspirational quotes and tips to help relieve stress at work, home, and with difficult people.

Pages: 68

Cover URL: http://sarahgabb.com/wp-content/uploa...

Let me know if you need anything else.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gabb | 9 comments Mia wrote: "Thanks for the link. I am currently constructing a website but it isn't functional yet... any suggestions on where to post a book cover photo to link to?

Thanks!"

Hi Mia, you could try uploading your cover photo to flikr.com and use that link to submit to Goodreads. Hope that helps!

message 11: by Mia (new)

Mia Sheridan | 23 comments Thanks, Sarah! :)

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gabb | 9 comments Hello,
I have a new book that I would love to have added to Goodreads. Please see above message #9. Also, it was self published. I am running a free promo on it this Saturday so it would be great if it is added before then. Thanks so much!

message 13: by vicki_girl (new)

vicki_girl | 2765 comments I couldn't get the cover, but everything else is included here:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Gabb | 9 comments vicki_girl wrote: "I couldn't get the cover, but everything else is included here:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17..."

Thank you so much Vicki girl! I will submit a cover request to get the cover attached.