Gering Book Junkies discussion

Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex
This topic is about Bonk
Bonk by Mary Roach > Monday Question #3

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelley (new)

Shelley (ruterbories) | 21 comments Mod
Has anyone had the opportunity to discuss this book with a husband/boyfriend/friend of the opposite sex? Did they have any interesting input? Were they more/less comfortable with the material than you have found yourself?

message 2: by Patti (new) - added it

Patti | 6 comments At first my husband said, "What kind of book club is this?" He thought it was interesting (but not interesting enough to read it!). He couldn't believe it when I told him about the hospital visits (toothbrushes, corsage pins, etc), now that made him uncomfortable. I think he was as surprised as I was at how long ago the research started and the stigma attached to the research (pervert! :) ). He and our neighbor (male) got a kick out of the pig AI chapter. They would like to do some research of their own now. They just can't find any 25 year old females willing to lend a hand (or other body parts! HA HA).

Maunette Loeks | 6 comments Just started today and am moving through it quickly. I told my husband he should read it. I think he'll find it interesting as well.