Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Character Questionnaires

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Mar 11, 2013 12:04PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Pick your favorite character of all time and answer all/some of the following questions. Some of these should have been answered in the book but if some weren't then make up an answer that you would think would be best for this character. You do not have to do all of these questions as that would take a long time, you can just choose which ones you think are the most interesting.

The only question required to have an answer is #1.

I am excited to look at everyone's!

Questionnaire:

1• What is your character’s name? Does the character have a nickname?

2• What is your character’s hair color? Eye color?

3• What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have?

4• Does your character have a birthmark? Where is it? What about scars? How did he get them?

5• Who are your character’s friends and family? Who does she surround herself with? Who are the people your character is closest to? Who does he wish he were closest to?

6• Where was your character born? Where has she lived since then? Where does she call home?

7• Where does your character go when he’s angry?

8• What is her biggest fear? Who has she told this to? Who would she never tell this to? Why?

9• Does she have a secret?

10• What makes your character laugh out loud?

11• When has your character been in love? Had a broken heart?

12• What is in your character’s refrigerator right now? On her bedroom floor? On her nightstand? In her garbage can?

13• Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Does he wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Is he in socks that are ratty and full of holes? Or is he wearing a pair of blue and gold slippers knitted by his grandmother?

14• When your character thinks of her childhood kitchen, what smell does she associate with it? Sauerkraut? Oatmeal cookies? Paint? Why is that smell so resonant for her?

15• Your character is doing intense spring cleaning. What is easy for her to throw out? What is difficult for her to part with? Why?

16• It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. If he’s eating breakfast, what exactly does he eat? If she’s stretching out in her backyard to sun, what kind of blanket or towel does she lie on?

17• What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?

18• Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where is she going? What does she wear? Who will she be with?

19• What do you consider your greatest achievement?

20• What is your idea of perfect happiness?

21• What is your current state of mind?

22• What is your favorite occupation?

23• What is your most treasured possession?

24• What or who is the greatest love of your life?

25• What is your favorite journey?

26• What is your most marked characteristic?

27• When and where were you the happiest?

28• What is it that you most dislike?

29• What is your greatest fear?

30• What is your greatest extravagance?

31• Which living person do you most despise?

32• What is your greatest regret?

33• Which talent would you most like to have?

34• Where would you like to live?

35• What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

36• What is the quality you most like in a man?

37• What is the quality you most like in a woman?

38• What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

39• What is the trait you most deplore in others?

40• What do you most value in your friends?

41• Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

42• Whose are your heroes in real life?

43• Which living person do you most admire?

44• What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

45• On what occasions do you lie?

46• Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

47• If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

48• What are your favorite names?

49• How would you like to die?

50• If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

51• What is your motto?

If you don't do all the questions and only do some, please post the number of the question you are answering so we can know what exactly you're answering to.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Jojobean (last edited Mar 28, 2013 04:57PM) (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Character from Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2) by Kelly Creagh by Kelly Creagh

Questionnaire:

1• What is your character’s name? Does the character have a nickname?

Varen Nethers. I don't have a nickname

2• What is your character’s hair color? Eye color?

My original hair color is blond but if you tell anyone I will come to you in the night and smote your everlasting soul. I dye my hair black and my eyes are green. Isobel describes my eyes as pale jade

3• What kind of distinguishing facial features does your character have?

I wear kohl eyeliner around my eyes and I have a hoop lip ring.

4• Does your character have a birthmark? Where is it? What about scars? How did he get them?

I don't have a birth mark and my scars are none of your business

5• Who are your character’s friends and family? Who does she surround herself with? Who are the people your character is closest to? Who does he wish he were closest to?

I hang out with the goths at my school. Anyone else annoys me. I have an annoying abusive father and a stepmother who acts as a referee between me and him. I usually don't get close to anyone but I have fallen in love with Isobel and am close to her as I allow myself.

6• Where was your character born? Where has she lived since then? Where does she call home?

I have lived in my house since I was born but its not a home to me. I don't go there much. Up until I met Isobel, home for me was the fantasy/dream world that Lilith made real for me. But now I find myself not wanting to go there so I can spend time with Isobel

7• Where does your character go when he’s angry?

When I'm angry or upset, I usually either go to the bookstore Nobit's Nook. When I really can't stand it I go to my fantasy/dream world that was made real

8• What is her biggest fear? Who has she told this to? Who would she never tell this to? Why?

My biggest fear was being lonely. But now my biggest fear is that Isobel will fall into the my dream world and get hurt. I also fear that I will never escape my world now and get back to Isobel.

9• Does she have a secret?

My dream/fantasy world is my biggest secret

10• What makes your character laugh out loud?

Isobel. I usually never smile or laugh until I met her

11• When has your character been in love? Had a broken heart?

I am in love with Isobel. I have not allowed myself to love anyone until I met her. She changed me and my dreams

12• What is in your character’s refrigerator right now? On her bedroom floor? On her nightstand? In her garbage can?

I have coke in my refrigerator. I usually buy food to eat and my father and stepmother are always out. On my floor is usually my cat and a white throw rug. On my nightstand is usually books by Edgar Allen Poe. Everything about my house is simple because like I said before, I don't spend too much time at my house.

13• Look at your character’s feet. Describe what you see there. Does he wear dress shoes, gym shoes, or none at all? Is he in socks that are ratty and full of holes? Or is he wearing a pair of blue and gold slippers knitted by his grandmother?

I wear black strapped combat like boots

14• When your character thinks of her childhood kitchen, what smell does she associate with it? Sauerkraut? Oatmeal cookies? Paint? Why is that smell so resonant for her?

I don't think of my kitchen. I'm not nostalgic.

15• Your character is doing intense spring cleaning. What is easy for her to throw out? What is difficult for her to part with? Why?

I don't have much crap in my room because I don't spend a lot of time there. I just go there to sleep some times. I would never throw away any of my books or cds

16• It’s Saturday at noon. What is your character doing? Give details. If he’s eating breakfast, what exactly does he eat? If she’s stretching out in her backyard to sun, what kind of blanket or towel does she lie on?

Depends on where I am when I wake up.

17• What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?

My mother. I have a few pictures of her. She left when I was eight.

18• Your character is getting ready for a night out. Where is she going? What does she wear? Who will she be with?

I'll just go out or go to Nobit's Nook or to work in my family members ice cream shop, Dessert Island. I wear my black shirt, black pants, my boots, my class ring with my initial in it instead of my school and my wallet with chains.

19• What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Its used to be my dream world.

20• What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Being with Isobel

21• What is your current state of mind?

Right now I'm unhappy because I'm stuck in my dream world with no way of getting back to Isobel. I am also upset with myself, crazed and grieving- I just realized I threw Isobel off a cliff. I though she was another hallucination that Lilith sent me but she wasn't. She was real and she came to get me.

22• What is your favorite occupation?

Not really thinking about it now

23• What is your most treasured possession?

Isobel's hair ribbon

24• What or who is the greatest love of your life?

Isobel

25• What is your favorite journey?

Nothing

26• What is your most marked characteristic?

my goth-ness

27• When and where were you the happiest?

When I was with Isobel

28• What is it that you most dislike?

29• What is your greatest fear?

That Isobel is dead

30• What is your greatest extravagance?

I don't do extravagance

31• Which living person do you most despise?

Myself

32• What is your greatest regret?

Throwing Isobel off a cliff, no matter if she was a hallucination or not

33• Which talent would you most like to have?

I don't care

34• Where would you like to live?

Anywhere but this dream world that I'm stuck in

35• What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

What I'm feeling now

36• What is the quality you most like in a man?

I'm not gay

37• What is the quality you most like in a woman?

I don't have a type.

38• What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

My loneliness which created this dream world I now hate

39• What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Their fakeness

40• What do you most value in your friends?

I want a friend who knows me and will stay my friend no matter what. I found that in Isobel

41• Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

I don't have any

42• Whose are your heroes in real life?

Edgar Allen Poe

43• Which living person do you most admire?

Isobel

44• What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

I don't care

45• On what occasions do you lie?

When I have to hide my dream world.

46• Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

I don't overuse words or phrases.

47• If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would change my loneliness and depression. I would trade my fear of Isobel's death if I could see that she survived the fall from the cliff

48• What are your favorite names?

I'm not thinking about something as trivial as this now

49• How would you like to die?

I'm already dead inside, so I don't care

50• If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?

Hopefully I won't come back

51• What is your motto?

I don't have one

message 3: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments This was fun. Can we do it more than once?

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Sure!! I would love for you to do it multiple times:D And may I ask you..what book is your character above from??

message 5: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean | 675 comments Nevermore. Should I put that in the questionaire?

message 6: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments If you wouldn't mind! Thanks:D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Nevermore (other topics)
Enshadowed (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kelly Creagh (other topics)