Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Web issues on Nook

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments I am having issues with the web browser on my Nook, even when I am trying to load the B&N site. I try to go to a site, and it "sticks" on the download. I put in the address, hit go, and it just sits there, sometimes with the green bar over about a 10th, and it just sits there, sometimes it just sits there, period, and nothing happens. I have tried turning it all the way off, but that doesn't work. When I am trying to download one of my books from my sugarsync storage, tapping the search button doesn't bring up the keyboard sometimes, sometimes it does. With my other computers, I would clean up my temp files, etc., but here?

Any help? Thanks!

message 2: by Lilah (new)

Lilah Chavez (lilypadchavez408) | 55 comments how old and what type is your nook?

also do you have any problems with your wifi service with your other devices?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 28 comments I have a nook tablet and have issues with the browser freezing. I usually have to turn it off and back on. All I use is wifi and my computer and ps3 work just fine. Leiah Thanks from asking about this!

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments Thanks, Jessica! I have been trying that. I use wifi also, and everything else that I use (laptops, television downloads, desktops, Kindle) all work just fine. Will keep trying the on and off thing. If you figure anything else out (or if I do!) let's let one another know? :-)
Thanks again!

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments Thanks, Jessica! I have been trying that. I use wifi also, and everything else that I use (laptops, television downloads, desktops, Kindle) all work just fine. Will keep trying the on and off thing. If you figure anything else out (or if I do!) let's let one another know? :-)
Thanks again!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) I had a problem with the web about 2 weeks ago, but no problems since then. I have a Nook HD.

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments thanks melissa. i am still having problems. driving me nuts. my tablet, that was supposed to make things easier, is actually making my life harder, and i am relying more and more on my laptop instead, which is really frustrating.

anyone else have any ideas other than turning on and off? i am really frustrated but i don't want to get into the whole 'call nook' thing - i hate hate hate sitting on hold listening to press 1 press 3 press 9 etc etc.

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments Lilah wrote: "how old and what type is your nook?

also do you have any problems with your wifi service

Lilah, it is less than a year old. still under warranty. i don't have wifi problems - - - i run a business from home and everything is on super high speed wifi for all my devices. any ideas?

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (emtmelissa) Bring it into a local B & N store ( if you have one) they will most certainly try to help. If I think of anything else you can try from home, I will let you know.

message 10: by Lilah (new)

Lilah Chavez (lilypadchavez408) | 55 comments i agree with melissa ... bring it in to a local store ... and whenever i call for customer service i get through real quick and if its under warranty, you might just get a replacement.

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments You ladies rock. I appreciate it. I had given thought to that, but getting out of the house right now is a pain. LOL. my tags are expired, and with my luck, i would get a ticket for expired before I pulled out of the driveway! sigh. guess i will have to risk it though, can't go without my books!

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 77 comments When I called B&N, I got through really quick too! Very helpful.

So, I Read This Book Today (leiahingolden) | 65 comments Thanks Vicki. I will let you all know what I find out.

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (mattsmama) | 77 comments Hope it works. I've also used online chat. :-)