Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
125 views
Archive > Additional Read May Nominations

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Mar 21, 2013 07:49AM) (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Time to nominate your additional monthly reads for May.

These nominations are open to any book; you can keep with the Goodreads Choice Awards theme and nominate a runner up, or just nominate your favourite book, or a book that's been on your TBR pile for ages.

- When nominating please make sure you include the book link or book cover link. This can be done by clicking on the ' add book / author' link above the comment box.
Your nomination will not count if not in this format.
- Please refrain from nominating any book that is already scheduled to read as part of the Goodreads Choice Award Book Club. These can be found at http://www.goodreads.com/group/booksh...
- Only one nomination per person will be accepted (if more than one is nominated, the first book posted will be accepted).
- Nominations will close on Sunday 24th March, 5pm GMT and will be followed by a poll.

--------
Nominations so far:
Cleopatra's Daughter
A Walk Across the Sun
Room
The Time Keeper
Bring Up the Bodies
The Dinner
The Prisoner of Heaven
Tell the Wolves I'm Home
The Basement


message 2: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2044 comments Mod
Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran


message 3: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
I'm actually going with the same book as last month because it got a fair amount of votes and I still want to read it so .....

A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison


message 4: by Rachel (new)


message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6032 comments Mod
I'd like to nominate The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom .


message 6: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2044 comments Mod
Lynn wrote: "I'm actually going with the same book as last month because it got a fair amount of votes and I still want to read it so .....

A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison"


I want to read that one too Lynn :)


message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen Roman I've jumped on the "nominate-your-nominee-from-last-month" bandwagon. It did okay on the voting in April, and it is a GoodReads Choice winner.

I'd like to nominate Bring Up the Bodies (Thomas Cromwell, #2) by Hilary Mantel


message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 14 comments The Dinner by Herman Koch

So looking forward to this book. I may have nominated it last month as well

No hard feelings :) I will be reading it anyway
Julie


message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6032 comments Mod
Vanessa wrote: "Lynn wrote: "I'm actually going with the same book as last month because it got a fair amount of votes and I still want to read it so .....

A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison"

I want to ..."


This is on my TBR list too because is was nominated last time. I added a few of the nominations - they looked so good!


message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to nominate "Time Keeper"


message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Roman Julie wrote: "The Dinner by Herman Koch

So looking forward to this book. I may have nominated it last month as well

No hard feelings :) I will be reading it anyway
Julie"


If mine doesn't take off in the voting, I'm voting for yours. :)


message 12: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I would like to nominate The Prisoner of Heaven (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #3) by Carlos Ruiz Zafón as it is on my TBR list and it was a nominee for the Goodreads Choice Award. Although it is a third part in a series, you can read each part separately as well, as it say in an introduction to the book "you can enter the story through different doors...". I like the idea a lot :)


message 13: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cpassage) | 4 comments Lynn wrote: "Time to nominate your additional monthly reads for May.

These nominations are open to any book; you can keep with the Goodreads Choice Awards theme and nominate a runner up, or just nominate your..."


Thanks for the chance to vote...
Bring Up the Bodies is 1st
The Dinner is 2nd

Thanks!


message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen Roman Great group of nominees so far. :)


message 15: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Cathy wrote: "Lynn wrote: "Time to nominate your additional monthly reads for May.

These nominations are open to any book; you can keep with the Goodreads Choice Awards theme and nominate a runner up, or just ..."


Hey Cathy, this is the nomination thread .... you'll get a chance to vote on a poll once this thread is closed on Sunday 24th March.


message 16: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments Karen wrote: "Great group of nominees so far. :)"

I totally agree :). It seems the choice is going to be at least as difficult as it was in the previous poll :)


message 17: by Jojo (new)

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments I think I'm going to let other people nominate this month... last month was hard to choose from and I didn't even vote for my own! (Thanks Vanessa for telling me how to find out what I voted for!)


message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6032 comments Mod
Joanne wrote: "I think I'm going to let other people nominate this month... last month was hard to choose from and I didn't even vote for my own! (Thanks Vanessa for telling me how to find out what I voted for!)"

There were so many good nominations last month! My TBR list got quite a bit longer. lol


message 20: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 1511 comments Joanne, I very seldom vote for my own book when I nominate one and I don't always nominate a book; if I do it's usually just to give another option. There's lots of good nominations this month :-)


message 21: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Just a reminder that nominations close this Sunday (5pm GMT) so if you were thinking of nominating a book then get it in before then :)


message 22: by Julienne (new)

Julienne (juliennevizcayno) | 7 comments I'd like to nominate The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom . :)


message 23: by Jojo (new)

Jojo (jojosbooknook) | 717 comments This is going to be hard!!! There are at least 3 books I want to read already!!!!


message 24: by Anima (new)

Anima Miejska | 1698 comments I agree, I've already got the copies of some of the nominees, because the reviews sound really interesting.


message 25: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melabee) | 9 comments I nominate Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt


message 26: by Lynn, Moderator (last edited Mar 24, 2013 10:43AM) (new)

Lynn | 4119 comments Mod
Nominations are now closed. You can vote on the poll here http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/81...


back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.