Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Need help correcting book covers

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cate (new)

Cate Masters (Cate_Masters) | 5 comments I added several of my books before knowing what I was doing, and used draft covers instead of the final versions. Please help me change these. They're not updates, they're incorrect.
Love Bites - should be this cover: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Also, Jay DiMeo pulled out of the anthology, so is not a contributor but I cannot delete her name - can you please?
Going with Gravity should be this cover:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
Thanks much,
Cate Masters

message 2: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Leaving this for a super :)

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41973 comments Mod
Considering that both those books have pub dates long before the current year, I'm having some difficulty with the notion that the covers were never used.

Of course, it's always fine to add new editions with the new covers.

message 4: by Cate (new)

Cate Masters (Cate_Masters) | 5 comments I haven't used the features of Goodreads much and just realized the covers were wrong. My apologies!

message 5: by Cate (new)

Cate Masters (Cate_Masters) | 5 comments I implore you to PLEASE remove those two covers. As I said, I didn't know what I was doing then. There are copyright issues with both, and I can't afford any repercussions from them appearing on Goodreads. Please please remove them.

message 6: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10785 comments If there are copyright issues, you should contact the staff of Goodreads.

message 7: by Cate (new)

Cate Masters (Cate_Masters) | 5 comments Isn't that what I'm doing now?

message 8: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) Hi. Here's hoping that I am posting on the proper thread...

These book editions have the wrong covers:

The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth, ISBN: 0679748989 (ISBN13: 9780679748984)

Room by Emma Donoghue, ISBN: 0330519026 (ISBN13: 9780330519021)

Thanks.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23145 comments Cate wrote: "Isn't that what I'm doing now?"

No, this the librarian group - we are mostly members just like yourself.

To contact support:

http://www.goodreads.com/about/contac...

message 10: by Cate (new)

Cate Masters (Cate_Masters) | 5 comments Okay, thanks much

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23145 comments Louize wrote: "Hi. Here's hoping that I am posting on the proper thread...

These book editions have the wrong covers:

The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth, ISBN: 0679748989 (ISBN13: 9780679748984)

Room by Emma Dono..."

Louize, a link to each book would be helpful in future, plus we need to know why you think the covers are wrong.

If they've just been updated, then no they don't get changed. We create new alternative covers.

ETA: Having a look around WorldCat, they look fine to me and just need alternative cover editions.

message 12: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) Hi Sandra.

The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth

My copy of this book was the 1st Vintage international edition, printed in August 1995 with this cover.

If they are alternatives, then I guess it's fine.

message 13: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl If an edition has had one cover, and then either an automatic update or a librarian changes covers, then the cover should be changed back and the new cover should become the alternate cover edition. Many people shelve by ISBN and cover and they want the cover they own on their shelves.

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23145 comments Louize wrote: "Hi Sandra.

The Ghost Writer by Philip Roth

My copy of this book was the 1st Vintage international edition, printed in August 1995 with this cover.

If they are alternatives, then I guess it's fine."

Definitely an alternative cover, as the one on WorldCat is also listed as the 1st Vintage international edition from 1995. It is a different cover and is not the current modern cover for the book.

So Louize, just create the book you have with your cover and omit the ISBN. Then post back here and someone will combine them for you & put the librarian note about being the alternative cover.

message 15: by Louize (new)

Louize (thepagewalker) Sandra wrote: "So Louize, just create the book you have with your cover and omit the ISBN. Then post back here and someone will combine them for you & put the librarian note about being the alternative cover. "

Here's the edition:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Thanks for doing this.

message 16: by Emy (last edited Mar 15, 2013 09:10AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Combining #15 now but record needed some sorting before I could finish it.