The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Welcome! > The Moderators

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments The moderators of The YA Dystopian Book Club are Jack and Lilac. We are a 100% committed to making this group work the best for you. We'd love to hear your feedback and ideas. We thought you should know a bit about us since we are the moderators of the group so below we have a bit about us.

Happy Reading!

Your Moderators,
Jack & Lilac

message 2: by Jack (last edited Apr 09, 2013 12:15PM) (new)

Jack (jack_) | 564 comments My name is Jack and I'm from Dublin, Ireland. I also moderate another group called Goodreads All Sorts I am a strong personality and I like to voice my opinions.

I'm a person with a lot of interests. Music is one of those interests. I am pretty open to all genres of music, but my favourites would have to be classical, alternative, rock, pop and blues. I play classical piano and especially love to play Chopin and Beethoven. My favourite pianist is Hiromi. Music is a big part of my life. I can't live without my headphone and my iPod.

Another one of my interests is obviously reading. There's nothing better than a good page turner! I've only really got into reading a while ago and now I can't stop myself! A book draws you in and takes you into another life just for that moment. When I read a book it takes all my worries away and I feel myself loving, hating and being the characters in the story. I am very critical of books, but that's because I love them so much. Okay, that's a bit confusing but I want to really make it clear that I absolutely adore a book that I give a five star review. I enjoy most genres of books and styles of writing. My favourite genres would be YA, dystopian, fiction, mystery and comedy. I like to voice my opinion with books and make it clear about what I think of them. My book reviews are straight to the point and generally state what I feel about the book.

That's pretty much it. I look forward to getting to know you all, so hi!

Thanks,
Jack :-)

message 3: by Lilac , Moderator (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 434 comments Mod
So I'm not going to be able to give you a huge long thing like's Jack's great introduction but here's a little about me.

Well, I'm Lilac, I'm 15 years old and I'm from Wales. Obviously I love to read, mainly because being taken into another world can sometimes be the best thing ever. Books have helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and I honestly thing they're one of the best inventions ever! :)

For anyone who wants to know I'm a long time Harry Potter fan and I'll never forget the first time I read the first book and kept asking my mum how to pronounce all the names and places! I'm still loyal to it, but they are no longer the only books I read, like they were when I was much younger.

Other than reading I love nail art, hanging out with my friends, chocolate, shopping, camping, riding my bike and other random stuff. This year I've decided to stop spending quite so much time in books and go out and enjoy the world while I'm still young and almost carefree. I've created a great Spring-Summer Bucket list to help me do this and hopefully I'll complete it and my list of intrests mentioned above will be a fair bit longer.

I can't tell you too much about my personality because, quite frankly, it's changing all the time and I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I will tell you that I'm extremely shy but once I get close to someone I'll never shut up. I'm also brutally honest to all of my close friends and family. I won't be quite like that online because I've never met any of you face to face so I'll be a lot nicer on here.

Thank you for reading,
Lilac :)

message 4: by Riya (last edited Jun 17, 2013 09:34PM) (new)

Riya | 1876 comments Hi, my name is Riya and I'm a high schooler in the US. I love reading more than anything simply because the power of books astounds me. It's so cool when I finish a book where I was completely invested in the characters and how when I'm done it's like I lost a small part of myself. To me, there is nothing more important than a book.

I of course also love Dystopian novels, although I'm willing to read a lot more than that. I'm a big science fiction and fantasy fan- I always have been. A few of my favorite books would include The Book Thief and Ender's Game- two books I think everyone in the world should read.

Outside of my reading obsession I play the viola, I play tennis, I hang out with my friends, I constantly watch movies and TV shows, and I love indulging my sweet tooth! I enjoy watching all types of movies and TV shows, and if I'm not reading I'm probably on Netflix! I also bake which is great considering I constantly crave sugary foods!

As a person, I am extremely opinionated. When I come across something I believe in, I will become super passionate- and this happens quite often. I've always been a loud, outgoing person, yet I'm still an introvert- a bit odd, I know. I'm never one to sugar coat things or say something simply because that's what someone wants to hear. Of course, I'm not just a super mean person or anything- I'm just a very straightforward, big picture type of person!

I guess that's all!
~Riya :D

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla De Leon (kayladeleon) Hi I'm Kayla and I'm a high school junior in the Philippines. I'm 15, the blogger behind The Bookish Owl and also the weirdest bibliophile you'll ever meet.

I love ice cream, mocha and strawberry are my ultimate favorites! I also love traveling and I've been to a lot of places although I'm nowhere near to seeing every country in the world. I also like rock music especially My Chemical Romance and when they broke up, I cried the entire day...LOL.

I don't really have a specific favorite book genre. I read whatever looks good but my weaknesses are classics, YA and historical fiction. I also like reading non-fiction books from time to time. I really like history and the fact that I'm studying world history in junior year makes me extremely happy.

I have to get back to studying Chemistry now since I have a quiz tomorrow. If you want to talk, feel free to message me. I don't bite!