Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > A question on the rule on changing cover art...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Mar 09, 2013 07:24PM) (new)

Stephen (havan) | 333 comments I understand that the policy is that we do NOT change cover art.

I'm familiar with the part of the librarian manual that reads
This is done because as of now, it is not possible to upload multiple covers of a book, and because changing the cover of an existing edition is a violation of Goodreads policy. Some people may have added the existing edition with that specific cover because it is the one they own.

However I have a follow-up question. If a book already has a badly scanned image of a particular book cover is it permissible for a librarian to replace it with a correctly scanned image?

The book that I have in mind is Changing Pitches by Steve Kluger Changing Pitches (note the parallax / perspective)

The cover appears to be a photograph of the book cover that was photographed with a hand held camera. I have a good quality scanner and own this particular book. I'd like to replace the image with a properly scanned image but I'm hesitant to do it without getting a clarification of the policy.

Can someone please advise?

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Absolutely. You can always replace with a better quality image of the same cover. (It's a good idea to use the change log comment field at the bottom of the edit page to note that this is what you're doing.)