The Robin Hobb Collection discussion

Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Assassin's Quest
Book 3 - Assassin's Quest > Assassin's Quest Part One > Chapters Twenty One - Twenty Five

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hanne (last edited Mar 09, 2013 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hanne (hanne2) | 791 comments Mod
ch21 - Love the following discussion:
Starling: ""I will be seeing the Queen about this."
The Fool's answer: "A wise decision. If you wish to become her Fool, she is certainly the one you must see. But for now, let me show you something else. No, step back, please, so you can see it all. Here it comes." I heard the slam and the latch. "The outside of my door," the Fool announced gladly. "I painted it myself. Do you like it?"

Love love love the fool getting sassy!

ch22 - ooooooooooooo Kettricken, you bitch! (sorry, i don't use that word easily, but this time it's deserved!).
i think fitz has sacrifized enough in his young life already, without them taking his daughter away as well. and molly - not sure she would ever forgive fitz if they took her daughter away and make Kettricken her mother. he already had a lot of explaining to do, but this on top...?

And there is this:
""The White Scriptures say, `He shall thirst for the blood of his own kin, and his thirst shall go unslaked. The Catalyst shall hunger for a hearth and children in vain, for his children shall be another's, and another's child his own …. "

it does not make me anymore confident that there will be another way here.

ch23 - kettricken is definitely on my black list. and i don't care what her reasons are!
i love robin hobb's writing, she just makes me so defensive of the main characters, unbelievable!

i really like Kettle, still not entirely sure who she is. there has to be more of her... but what will it be? is she somehow farseer-related too? maybe no farseer-blood, but she has to be connected to them somehow.

message 4: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Hanne wrote: ". The Catalyst shall hunger for a hearth and children in vain, for his children shall be another's, and another's child his own "

Didn't remember this. Excellent.

... so we can guess the three first parts of that prophecy, but who's child will he raise as his own after having to give up his daughter?
a little dragon perhaps? :)

message 6: by Rob (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 432 comments Hanne wrote: "... so we can guess the three first parts of that prophecy, but who's child will he raise as his own after having to give up his daughter?
a little dragon perhaps? :)"

A baby unicorn!

ooo nice! and magical!

ch24 - the skill-road is pretty interesting, but is it skill or wit? if the animals can sense it and stay away, wouldn't that make it more of a wit issue?

still, the effect it has on fitz is quite big, and verity says something interesting at the end, which makes me think verity is stuck in skill-city, instead of skill-road.

ch25 - so this is intriguing, though i don't understand much of it right now, except that somehow it must have something to do with the elderlings because of the king and the crown...
i wanted to copy it though, because it might make more sense afterwards

Six Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
Climbed a hill and never came down
Found their flesh and lost their skins
Flew away on stony wings.

Five Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
Walked a road not up nor down
Were torn to many and turned to one
In the end, left a task half done.

Four Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
They spoke in words without a sound
They begged their queen to let them go
And what became of them, no one can know.

Three Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
They'd helped a king to keep his crown
But when they tried to climb the hill
Down they came in a terrible spill.

Two Wisemen came to Jhaampe-town
Gentle women there they found.
Forgot their quest and lived in love
Perhaps more wiser than ones above.

One Wiseman came to Jhaampe-town
He set aside both queen and crown
Did his task and fell asleep
Gave his bones to the stones to keep.

No wise men go to Jhaampe-town
To climb a hill and never come down.
'Tis wiser far and much more brave
To stay at home and face the grave.

David Sven (gorro) | 567 comments That poem might be worth revisiting once you finish the book

David Sven wrote: "That poem might be worth revisiting once you finish the book"

that's what i thought!