Speaker Geeks! discussion

Chat Away! > College!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here you can post your worries about college, where you want to go, just about anything dealing with college!

message 2: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'm a high school freshman, and I'm already looking at colleges. I've considered getting a degree in Political Science and then going to law school, but I'm not sure.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I already looking at it too and I'm in 8th grade. I getting a degree in music and math education and psychology. Where do you want to go so far?

message 4: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
If I do decide to pursue a law degree, I will consider Liberty University in Virginia (its pre-Law program is good). In any case, I want to go somewhere in NC or VA for their GREAT schools. I'd love to go to the University of Florida, but that's just too far from home.

message 5: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
How about you?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I really want to go to Ashland University. What is your biggest fear about college?

message 7: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Honestly, being on my own.

message 8: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Where's Ashland University?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

AU is located in Ashland, OH which is about 1 1/2 from Columbus (OH capital)

I'm afraid of that too and I may not be able to complete what I what to complete at college.

Wonderland Forever | 99 comments i am no where near college in my schooling. i am almost done with elementary school.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm only in the 8th grade.. I know when I talk about to my 7th and 8th grade friends, they look at me really wierdly and say, "You are planning your college already?"

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

There are all these things to worry about when you go or think about college; it is unbelieveable!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I was reading college books and they said to actually begin planning your freshman year and I am one to do things early. I started planning where I wanted to go to college just as I planned what my high schudule should look like with post secondary.

message 14: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I am SO lucky that my dad can help me out with this planning stuff.

message 15: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
I'm hoping to rack up some major scholarships, but, ya know...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I really really want to go to Ashland University, but the only problem is it cost $155,448 for 4 years!! I want to stay close to home, but not too close. I think about 3 hours away is good enough!

message 17: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Oh, gosh! Is that in-state tuition? I understand what you're saying about being close but not too close. I don't know though, I kind of like the idea of being close to home.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm hoping to get many scholarships too! Luckly, I am beginning my freshman year soon so I can actually enter!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

In-state tuition and out-state tuition is the same! It cost a lot since it is a private school.

message 20: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Yeah...Speech and Debate should serve me well as far as scholarships, getting in, etc. go.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you hear of Cappex? It is a website (it's free) that helps you pick what college to go to. You create a profile and add colleges you might want to go to so they can see your account. The colleges can email you if they are intersted in you and you can plan college trips (visiting campuses). They even have scholarships!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I begin my freshman year for high school this fall.

message 23: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
✞♪ Katelyn ♪✞ wrote: "Have you hear of Cappex? It is a website (it's free) that helps you pick what college to go to. You create a profile and add colleges you might want to go to so they can see your account. The colle..."

That's really cool! I haven't heard of that!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Cappex, but the only problem is I can't enter any of the scholarships because I'm not a freshman, yet unless we are going by math level.

message 25: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
You can start entering for scholarships your freshman year?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, on Cappex there are plently of scholarships that include freshman and up. You can also ask your cousalner too.

message 27: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
Cool!

message 28: by Leah, I'm HI-larious! (Head Mod) (new)

Leah | 3478 comments Mod
What have you thought about?

message 29: by Sierra (new)

Sierra (skippingstones4) I love children and babies so I'm thinking of going to school to be a pediatrician or a neonatal nurse :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

@ Kaylee That is great! I know I have two friends in 7th grade and one kind of knows where she wants to go (no offense to her, but the colleges she wants to go to is 100% admission and she doesn't dream bigger than that and improve her grades), and my other friend knows where she wants to go, but she needs to boost her grades up and i have a little bribe holding over her head if she gets all A's and B's!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I love children and infants too, but I wouldn't have enough patient for the younger ones, so I want to teach at least 4th grade and up.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That's neat!!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

@Liana what did you major?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

H99 what do you want to major in?

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I know that true with most people, but i know teaching is my future.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

You could double up for for junior high and above
I know at my school, one of the teachers teaches
band:5-12
Choir:5-12
Music:5-8
Marching band
Pep band
Recess duty teacher

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

That's for the 5 and 6 who still get recess.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to teach everything!! But escaically math and music

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Sing and play instruments! Have fun!

message 40: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

Dion (my_booklove) | 446 comments Mod
What instruments do you play?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

I play the flute, clarinet, paino, bells, but i want to learn to play them all by my senior year.

message 42: by Dion, Keep calm and debate your topic (new)

Dion (my_booklove) | 446 comments Mod
I play violin, piano, and I dabble in guitar and viola...I wanna learn to play flute, cello and harp at some point...idk how far ill hey thou lol. Oh, and I sing

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

That's cool! One of my friends want to learn violion

message 44: by ShilvaH (new)

ShilvaH  And her books | 207 comments I just graduated this March 27, 2013 and I'm wondering what would be my life when i enter college...

message 45: by ShilvaH (last edited Apr 03, 2013 05:57AM) (new)

ShilvaH  And her books | 207 comments Honestly i had no specific choice...
i'm thinking about taking architecture or something related to medicine...Actually i don't really care about the course, all i think about is my future INCOME.

GREAT INCOME GREAT LIFE

message 46: by ShilvaH (new)

ShilvaH  And her books | 207 comments Liane wrote: "Oh and congratulations on graduating!"

THANK U~!

message 47: by ShilvaH (last edited Apr 03, 2013 06:00AM) (new)

ShilvaH  And her books | 207 comments I LOVE ARTS but i don't think i would be rich in that choice....so i'm thinking about taking fine arts when i became rich.

message 48: by ShilvaH (last edited Apr 03, 2013 06:22AM) (new)

ShilvaH  And her books | 207 comments TRUE.IT's better to be practical these days, if you want to be successful.

message 49: by Oliver (new)

Oliver (oliverthereader) I'm going to be a sophomore in high school, and my dream is to go to college and earn a doctorate in neuroscience. I'm not sure what branch of neuroscience I'd be interested in pursuing at this point, as there are many topics to pick from. Lately I've been somewhat worried about college in general since I'll hopefully be going in a few years. A the same time I am really excited about potentially spending the rest of my life doing science for a living, which is something I love.

message 50: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (Brainyboots) | 463 comments I'm not even in highschool yet and I already know my dream college

« previous 1