The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New Groupie from Texas!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maliades (new)

Maliades Hi everyone! I am new to this group, it's the only group I'm in (so far). I've been on Goodreads a while but finally decided to start updating my books more often. I go to the library at least once a week, and always come home with stacks of books. Some I flip through and return the next week... others I re-check as many times as I can before having to return them! My interests are wide and varied... but I mostly read nonfiction. Anything from cooking, gardening, art, DIY, crafts, health, natural/organic/holistic living, just anything and everything, really. I rarely read fiction, which is a change from my teen/early adult years. Since I'm a very fast reader, I go through lots of books. Anyway I've just joined the Spring 2009 challenge and thought I'd stop and say hi. Hope I didn't write too much, haha!

message 2: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Maliades,Welcome again. how's the challenge coming?

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10121 comments Mod
Hi Maliades. Thanks for joining.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Maliades! Welcome to our little group!

message 5: by Maliades (new)

Maliades Hi Hayes! The challenge is going well! I'm halfway through my first book for it: a 25-point book (the one with 12 words in the title -- The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary). Will be at the library today and have my challenge tasks printed out, so I can find some books for it!

Thanks for the welcomes!

message 6: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Maliades,

Welcome to the group!!!

message 7: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments Welcome to the group! How's the weather in Texas? Here in NY its cold and rainy :-(

message 8: by Maliades (new)

Maliades Hi April! We've had some nice warm weather already, but it's been mixed with rain and various (though not long-lasting) cold fronts. I'm a native Texan and lived here all my life except 2 years, but the weather changes at the drop of a hat and it still boggles my mind that Friday night I was covering my garden, expecting a freeze, and then on Saturday I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, sitting in the yard reading! Where in NY are you? I have family in Milford/Cooperstown.

message 9: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments Maliades wrote: "Hi April! We've had some nice warm weather already, but it's been mixed with rain and various (though not long-lasting) cold fronts. I'm a native Texan and lived here all my life except 2 years, bu..."

I'm about 20 minutes from Milford/Cooperstown, in Oneonta. Small world eh? I have family in Texas, in Los Ebanos.

Can I just say, I'm jealous of any place where you don't have snow at the end of March?

message 10: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Maliades! Cool name!

message 11: by Maliades (new)

Maliades Thanks Atishay! It's my Undead Priest's name from World of Warcraft -- there, I admitted it, I am an uber geek. lol! I don't play anymore (no time), but loved the name and use it as my online name now.

April, wow! Oneonta! Neat. I am in Austin TX so Los Ebanos is pretty far from me. Then again, in TX, everything is pretty far away from everything else! lol

message 12: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments I tried playing WoW too! But then realized it took a lot of my time and left it.