Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Order or grouped books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new)

rivka | 33174 comments Mod
I've noticed as I combine editions for authors that have many, many editions and many different books that it can sometimes be difficult to find the already-clustered ones. The "grouped" books seem to sort by number in the group, instead of alphabetically. I realize that sometimes there are issues with alphabetical (some versions of the title begin with "The" or "A" and some do not, for example), but it would still be easier if the the already-grouped books sorted alphabetically, just like the ungrouped.

At least, it seems to me that it would be easier. Perhaps others with more experience disagree?

message 2: by Otis, Chief Architect (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
Hi Rivka,

You are right, combined works are sorted by number of editions. This is to make them appear first. However this was actually bothering me yesterday, so lets try changing it and see if thats better. We'll release the change later today.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

rivka | 33174 comments Mod
I noticed the change, and then came to see if there was a reply. :D

Thanks! This works great. :)