mAss Kickers discussion

What brings you here?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cody (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 2 comments So, I stumbled upon this lovely group and noticed that there are absolutely NO discussions. That's just awful.

So, hello all. What brings you to this lovely little group?

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric (galvezeric) | 5 comments Mod
I'm a brain tumor survivor, I just wanna find good books to inspire and educate me. What brings you here dee? Can you recommend any?

message 3: by Cody (new)

Cody Wilshire (codywilshire) | 2 comments I kind of found it via browsing. I personally am undergoing a ridiculously long process of diagnosis for a very rare auto immune disease, while at the same time undergoing treatment for cancer. Fun stuff! <- sarcasm, I use it a lot.

As far as recommendations, it depends on what kind of 'education' you want, whether it's health wise, diet, mental, emotional. Be more specific and I'm sure I could recommend a few things. :)

And survivors unite! Amazing.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric (galvezeric) | 5 comments Mod
I guess right now I'm looking for non-fiction books that foster creativity... I just recently rediscovered my enjoyment of reading, so I'm open to a lot. I'm finding that I get more enjoyment out of well written non-fiction/ memoirs than fiction/novels. Hopefully more survivors will join the group.

message 5: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 3 comments My reasons are a little less than noble. The only problem I have is high cholestrol.. although my wife does have grave's disease. I wandered in to promote my book but I will give this conversation thing a stab too. =)

http://www.cardshark.com/content/view...

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve Boulanger (steveboulanger) | 1 comments I am a brain tumor survivor (golf-ball size glioma on the left parietal lobe). I just celebrated my 1 year anniversary of being tumor free on 12/5/09. I am usually a fiction reader, but through this experience, I love hearing other survival stories. I added the book by Liz Holzemer (Curveball...) to my library wishlist & that is how I found this group. Has anyone read this book or know of any other great brain tumor survival stories? Thanks & best wishes to all.