A Mind To Murder (Adam Dalgliesh, #2) A Mind To Murder discussion

P.D.James

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

S B A powerful writer.Wonderful insight into character. I'm finding this one a little slower than usual to read though. Also print in this edition very small.

message 2: by Liz (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:02PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Dean I cannot get into this book and am giving up. I so badly want to love PD James. I really loved Death of an Expert Witness but then tried to start at the beginning of her Dagliesh series and forced myself through Cover Her Face and this one. When do they start getting good?

message 3: by Theresa (last edited Sep 23, 2012 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Theresa I listened to this one on audio. I didn't really enjoy it particularly, and somehow I often dozed through parts of it. What I heard was okay, but the other two I've listened to "grabbed me" more.

I plan to try another before I abandon the whole series.

Merle The auxiliary characters - e.g. Piers and Kate, make the series more interesting. Dalgleish is very introspective and someties if he is working a case alone, it may become less than exciting. Try to stick with them, though. Your patience will be rewarded.

message 5: by Sherry (last edited Oct 16, 2012 09:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sherry Thomas wrote: "I agree- P.D. James has the best character insight in the genre. I've been a fan for a long time, but I found it hard to get through her latest book."

I agree Thomas. In fact, it's a delight and treat to read a book written from so many different character perspectives. This is what endures P.D. James' books in my heart.