Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3) Night World, No. 1 question

L.J Smtih and not getting to finish certain series
deleted member Jun 22, 2015 02:18PM
What do you guys think of L.J Smith being replwced by a different writer to finsih off her series?

I personally hate it. I love her writing style and her stories. When they replaced her, I was so angry. I refuse to read the books in her series that she did not write even if they are un-resolved.It is just one of those things that really grates my nerves...

Wasn't it her concept? How can they do that?

deleted user She was hired to write them. So technically the people who hired her had the rights to the story. So, they had some dispute...I think over where she w ...more
Jun 22, 2015 09:07PM

I'm very much in agreement with you Cassie! L.J. Smith's books were books that i grew up on and at the time broke the mold of supernatural teen fiction. When i discovered that her books were being written by someone else because the publisher didn't like the direction she wanted to take the story, i was pissed! I'm still angry about it and i also refuse to read the books she didn't personally write!

deleted user Yes! Thank you! Her books are just plain great. I won't buy or check out any books that she, herself didn't write.
Aug 12, 2015 11:15AM