Pump Up Your Book discussion

PUYB Virtual Book Club > Stop the Diet, I Want To Get Off! by Lisa Tillinger Johansen

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Thompson (pumpupyourbook) | 540 comments Mod
Pump Up Your Book is proud to be representing Lisa Tillinger Johansen, author of the diet book, STOP THE DIET, I WANT TO GET OFF!, as she tours the blogosphere August 3 - October 30.

The Paleo. The Zone. The Gluten-free. Another day, another diet. We’re caught in a never-ending merry-go-round of weight loss plans, fueled by celebrity endorsers, TV doctors and companies angling for a piece of a $60 billion industry. But do these diets really work? And how healthy are they?

Registered Dietitian Lisa Tillinger Johansen examines dozens of the most wildly popular diets based on medical facts, not hype. And along the way, she reveals tried-and-true weight loss strategies, relying on her years of hospital experience, weight-loss seminars and community outreach efforts. With insight and humor, Stop The Diet, I Want To Get Off shows that the best answer is often not a trendy celebrity-endorsed diet, but easy-to-follow guidelines that are best for our health and our waistlines.

Please add your discussion about this book in the comments below, as well as any links to reviews, interviews, guest posts and book spotlights.

Create With Joy (goodreadscomcreatewithjoy) | 15 comments This is the second book by Lisa that I've had the privilege or reviewing with PUYB and as always, I learned so much from her!

This time round, Lisa focuses on assessing the strengths and weaknesses of many of the most popular diets available. She shares what works - what puts you at risk - and why common sense guidelines are the best when it comes to ensuring good nutritional health!

For my full review, please visit me at Create With Joy!

http://www.create-with-joy.com/2015/1...

message 3: by Cheryl (new)