Children's Books discussion

Themes, Topics & Categories > Box-Set for Toddlers

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Could anyone recommend a nice box set of children's books along the lines of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit or Curious George? It's for a little girl. I can't really think of anything outside of those characters so any help would be appreciated :)

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments The Little House Collection

or

The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set

If she's very young, she can grow into them?

How old is she now?

message 3: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz She isn't born yet :) I was thinking of something for a baby-toddler that looks cute in a nursery. Thanks for your suggestions though :)

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments I love Sandra Boynton's books!

Boynton's Greatest Hits: Volume 1

I think there must be other sets too, and these are very inexpensive.

message 5: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

message 6: by ☼Bookish (new)

☼Bookish in Virginia☼  (ren_t) I used to read my babies the Dr. Suess boardbooks. I don't know if they come in a set, but The Foot Book and it's sisters have an addictive rhythm and cadence. Might explain why they like poetry so much.

message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Chandra wrote: "I love the Brambly Hedge too! Beatrix Potter is great, but getting an entire collection could be pricey!"

I have found several at local Goodwill stores for 50 cents to a dollar. Goodwill's book department is always a good resource to check for children's books and adult books for that matter.

message 8: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 6181 comments Mod
I'm building my Brambly Hedge collection--they are adorable!

message 9: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

I loved Eric Carle when I was little. The Very Hungry Caterpillar

message 10: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (last edited Mar 23, 2009 03:20PM) (new)

Chandra wrote: "Kathryn - how/where are you finding the Brambly Hedge series?

I just waited for good prices used on Amazon.com; much as I adore them, I tried to wait until I could find ones for around $5.00--so far I only have two of the seasons ones. I found them first at the library.

message 11: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Also, RE: the Beatrix Potter themed items--not sure what exactly you are after, but if it's little figurines, picture frames and whatnot, check out Enesco's website:

http://www.enesco.com/cat_Brand_Beatr...

They have some really cute stuff and some of it is fairly reasonable (at least, for me, around $13 or so). It's a bit more for things like snow globes and music boxes.

message 12: by Eastofoz (last edited Mar 23, 2009 07:04PM) (new)

Eastofoz I found a very nice 4 box set called THE TALES OF PIXIE HOLLOW. The last one is out in August I think. Looks very colourful.

Tales From Pixie Hollow 4 copy Box Set (Disney Fairies)(Trouble for Tink, Lily's Pesky Plant, Vidia and the Fairy Crown, Beck and the Great Berry Battle) by Walt Disney Company

message 13: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz Chandra it really looks adorable. A friend of mine bought box sets 1 to 3 and said it was a hit :)

message 14: by Megan B (last edited Mar 24, 2009 07:20AM) (new)

Megan B Keep an eye out for the Beatrix Potter sets at Costco! I got mine a while back for $30, the complete series, all in individual hardback books, in a little box case. And they aren't tiny versions of the books either, they are normal-sized. It's wonderful!! Don't know if you can find them now, but two Christmases ago they were there!

message 15: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

I loved the Serendipity books, too!

message 16: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

I'm so glad they are a hit with the next generation! :-) I think they are really timeless in their appeal. I used to dream over those gorgeous illustrations!