East (East, #1) East discussion

this is an awsome book

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashlee this is a great book for fantasy lovers. it out a girl who has been lied about her name, her birth, and of her life. she is taken by an enchanted white bear to a lovely palace but is extremely lonely. She meets a strange population of "hard skins". I'm not going to ruin the book or you because you just HAVE to read.

Rachel This was a great book -- action, adventure, quest, friendship, family, romance -- what more could you possibly want in a book?

message 3: by Katy (new)

Katy i did a report on that last year, and i LOVED it! it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast, which is one of my favorite stories ever!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this book. It is about doing what is right even though it is difficult. It is the girl who is the hero!

Chelsea i wonder why the title is east, because in the book everything to do with east is a lie (example: her birth). why would east be the title? shouldn't it be "north" because thats rose's birth direction. it just makes me wonder...
also, i love rose's natural instint when the white bear is taken away by the troll queen. she instantly choses to make things right with the white bear instead of choosing to just go back to her family. i love how she never hesitanted to the right thing.

Brigid ✩ Good book. :)

message 7: by Bg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bg I love this book! I read it about 4 times if not more. It was so beautiful and I love how the author took its time with the characters. I <3 Polar Bears

GSGS I loved this book too (although I read the four-in-one version, where East, South, West and North are all in the one volume) and once read it in one afternoon.

Danielle Chelsea wrote: "i wonder why the title is east, because in the book everything to do with east is a lie (example: her birth). why would east be the title? shouldn't it be "north" because thats rose's birth directi..."

There is another version of the book where the title is North Child. It is exactly the same as East excect for the title.

Lydia I loved this book so much!

message 11: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya A GSGS {Jizzy} wrote: "I loved this book too (although I read the four-in-one version, where East, South, West and North are all in the one volume) and once read it in one afternoon."

Were they ever seperate?

Elizabeth Senger How many ways can I rave about this book? It is splendid, completely and utterly amazing. I have no negative comments about it. The story line is impeccable, it is written beautifully, and the characters are compelling. Honestly? This is one of my favorite books ever.

message 13: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya A Bronte wrote: "I don't think they were seperate. The copy i read had all four together...and it was titled "North Child", which makes more sense as a title than 'East' does. I love this book, and i really like ho..."

North Child does kind of make more sense... But if you think about everything in the book started with Rose's Mom's obsession with superstition.
One of the reasons she went with the white bear was because she was angry that her parents lied to her about her birth.

Natasha i love love love this book!! i first read this book when i was about 10 years old and have read it 7/8 times since!! great book just love it! in fact it's been so long since i've last read it i think i might read it again! ;)

Chloe moseley ;) its not my taste so i dont like it however its a really good book i lent it to my sister and she loved it 100% xx

Shauna Chelsea wrote: "i wonder why the title is east, because in the book everything to do with..."

The story it's based on is titled something like 'East o' the Sun, West o' the Moon', that's probably where they got it.

I have to say though, I really preferred Sarah Beth Durst's retelling 'Ice' to East.

Chloe moseley ;) yeah i really enjoyed that book ;) xx

message 18: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay yushh it was purdy epicc (:

Osudinee Awesum Book!!!!!! I loved it and now read it like oncea month when I have no reading material.

Natasha my book is called North Child...i was just wondering i saw the book sun and moon, ice and snow i read the back and the storyline is the same i was wondering if there's any point in reading in it, if perhaps there's something different? thanks :D

message 21: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Chelsea wrote: "i wonder why the title is east, because in the book everything to do with east is a lie (example: her birth). why would east be the title?"
The fairy tale from which the book was derived is titled "East of the Sun, West of the Moon".

Jessica This book is awesome! A very similar one is: Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by: Jessica Day George.

Abigail Isn't East the abridged version of Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow???

Shelby I agree! I'm actually re-reading it right now!

If you liked this, you should check out Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George. It is the same fairy-tale!

Valerie I read this book and then i just had to write a review giving it 5 stars on my blog. it was just that amazing

Natalie If you like this book, you should read Ice by Sarah Beth Durst...it has many of the same aspects: the polar bear, trolls, and the whole thing where if the girl looks at the polar bear she's sleeping with, he has to go marry the troll queen/ princess. However, Ice is in a modern setting, and you get much deeper into their relationship (this polar bear can talk as much as he wants to without fighting animal instincts)

Meredith This book is probally my all time favorite

Danielle Abigail.Myranda wrote: "Isn't East the abridged version of Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow???"

No those are two different works based on the same fairytale, East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

message 29: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat Have you seen the movie that is basically about this storyline? It's on youtube. And it's hilarious. The Polar Bear King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbc_g...

Danielle Kat wrote: "Have you seen the movie that is basically about this storyline? It's on youtube. And it's hilarious. The Polar Bear King:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVbc_g..."

Yeah It's pretty bad. I actually have the movie, I bought it because it is based off of the same fairytale East is. East is a million times better.

message 31: by Rory (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rory Hands down! Preach it sista!

Brianna If you can believe this, I read East, cover to cover, in third grade!

THIRD GRADE!

And I loved it!

message 33: by Abby (new) - added it

Abby Vincere Chelsea wrote: "i wonder why the title is east, because in the book everything to do with east is a lie (example: her birth). why would east be the title? shouldn't it be "north" because thats rose's birth directi..."

The title could easily be a shortened version of the fairytale it's based on. "East of The Sun, West of the Moon". So "East" for short.