MobileRead discussion

Recommendations > Sharing Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fun little trick! If you click a group member's profile, you can "Compare Books." Might be cool to see if someone else on MR has similar tastes.

Anyway, I was thinking this might be a good place to trade recommendations. :)

message 2: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (tattncat) | 18 comments Okay, I'm game. I'm always looking for new good books. I read nearly everything.

message 3: by Arthur (new)

Arthur (astra) Hazel wrote: "Okay, I'm game. I'm always looking for new good books. I read nearly everything."

Lucky you!

Look at what a long TRL I have.

And it doesn't include at least:
(I start with shortest series)

3 - The Soldier Son Trilogy by Robin Hobb
4 - Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer (if I like the first book, I have a movie recently and liked it)
15 (at least) - Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson and Ian Cameron Esslemont
14 Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

It means 4-5 years of non-stop reading.

message 4: by Arthur (new)

Arthur (astra) Updated my TRL and it consists of 95 books.
Considering that I read no more than 15 books per years.....I am aghast.

message 5: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (tattncat) | 18 comments Astra wrote: "Hazel wrote: "Okay, I'm game. I'm always looking for new good books. I read nearly everything."

Lucky you!

Look at what a long TRL I have.
You will like Twilight, I think. It has a really unique plot. You might want to read Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's a stand-alone, but it is totally original and very enjoyable.

And it doesn't include at least:
(I start with shorte..."

message 6: by Rwood (new)

Rwood | 16 comments I know that this is not everyone's cup of tea; but, I just finished Jim Collins' "Good to Great" The subtitle is "Why some companies make the leap ... and others don't" It is a fantastic read about the things that a handful of companies did that turned them from just good companies into great companies.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Rwood- I've seen that around and have been tempted to read it. Maybe I'll pick it up at the library.

In short, it is my cup of tea :D

message 8: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (tattncat) | 18 comments I'm re-reading Atlas Shrugged. I like to read it every year or two for an attitude adjustment. I am simultaneously reading the Barrett-Browning Letters, vol. 1 mostly because I was able to download vol. 2 in this recent Sony-Google link and I am most anxious to get into that book.

I will finish Atlas Shrugged in plenty of time to finish MR's April book.