Winter's Heart (The Wheel of Time, #9) Winter's Heart discussion

Tylin

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Espresso (last edited Mar 08, 2009 03:29PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Espresso I simply cannot like this character. I don't think she is any different than any male character that forces himself on a female character, but instead of others in the book acting outraged by how she treats Matt, they act like he is the bad guy instead of the victim of unwanted advances. I simply can't wait for something bad to happen to this character. I really want her to just die and get it over with.

Jade Morgan Tylin is a culmination of the entire women characters of this series. She was born noble, and in a world that was very different from Mat's I didn't like her at firs either, but at the same time. If she's destined to be his wife, then hey, she can't be all that bad.

Mat's lot in life is to have someone always there bopping him over the head even when he's saving them. Ex...Egwene, Nyneave

Boosmummy I hated Tylin from the first, she just annoyed me and there were more times I'd wish someone would just slap her round the face. Keep reading...it made me smile at the slapper!

Taygus @ Jade.
Tylen isn't destined to be his wife >.> ..She is not the daughter of the nine moons.

@Espresso, don't worry something will happen.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes...something will happen.
But this is one of the few character that I ignore. But she seems nice to me, and she ends up helping.

Mridupawan  Podder I like her. she's the only one with brains and thankfully doesn't keep nagging

Fatin I hate her guts and her bald head.

Nimethnimora Fatin wrote: "I hate her guts and her bald head."

I think you're thinking of Tuon.

I liked Tylin, her and Mat's storyline added plenty of humour.

Fatin Oh my bad. Damn. This is what happens when there is such a huge gap between the books and my memory for names. Yeah, I have no strong feelings for Tylin.

Kathryn I really love Tylin. She is fantastic, although she does force herself on Mat. I think Mat really did like her too, but he was just freaking out that a woman could initiate such a relationship.
Tylin is one of my favourites.

Victor I didn't like her as well at first. But I like her a lot now. Yes indeed, with a lot of humor as well.

Megan Espresso wrote: "I simply cannot like this character. I don't think she is any different than any male character that forces himself on a female character, but instead of others in the book acting outraged by how ..."
I was really horrified when she raped him.

That's what she did. It is. She raped him. It was horrific.

message 13: by Arbré (last edited Dec 07, 2014 01:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Arbré Écorce Taygus wrote: "@ Jade.
Tylen isn't destined to be his wife >.> ..She is not the daughter of the nine moons.

@Espresso, don't worry something will happen."

He must marry the daughter of nine moons not he will marry the daughter of nine moons there is the possibility he will go off prophecy

message 14: by Luka (new) - rated it 1 star

Luka Novak Dara wrote: "I simply cannot like this character. I don't think she is any different than any male character that forces himself on a female character, but instead of others in the book acting outraged by how s..."

She is typical female character on series. Had man done any of what she did readers would call out Jordan for his mysoginy and rightly so. Imagine king keeping a woman captive, preventing her from leaving, instructing his staff to only feed her what he approves and expecting regular daily sex from her.. But because she's a woman and Mat is a man it's not creepy and rape-y at all, it's funny and ammusing.