Book Worms discussion

Books

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hydrangia) | 19 comments Mod
If you were to choose 1 book to be your favorite, which would it be??? (u guys can start discussions, too, u no)

message 2: by Nitsa (new)

Nitsa | 2 comments my favorait book would be spying in high heels

message 3: by Soumya (new)

Soumya hm............The Giver.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

umm.... right now id have to say peeled, but i'll probably change my mind in a few hours.

message 5: by Bree (new)

Bree (breej6434) My favorite book(s) would be the Twilight series.

message 6: by Bree (new)

Bree (breej6434) The Giver was a great book. Did you know that as of 2006 it's a banned book?? (from most schools in the US)

message 7: by Hazel (new)

why???

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) Ya why?????

message 9: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I have lots of favorite books. I only listed the giver though.

message 10: by Soumya (new)

Soumya I'll be reading The Giver again this year for 8th grade.

message 11: by Starlight (new)

Starlight | 15 comments I love The Giver! Why is it banned? I read it for school in the seventh grade in 07...

message 12: by Hazel (new)

i own it but i havent read it.

message 13: by Starlight (new)

Starlight | 15 comments it's good in my opinion, just a little weird at times...

message 14: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) is it true there's a sequel to the giver?

message 15: by Starlight (new)

Starlight | 15 comments yes. i think so...

message 16: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) does anyone know what its called?

message 17: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) cool ill have to check those out, thanks Tianna.:)

message 18: by Novin (new)

Novin | 3 comments I'll choose...The Little Prince , by Antoine de saint exupery

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

that's a good book. weirdly, its on my 8th grade reading list, but you usually find it in the little kid sections at book stores.

also, the giver hasn't been banned from my school. its a good one, but if you read it before a certain age you could get really upset.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

hi!
my fave books are the twilight saga, warriors, harry potter, hive series, blue is for nightmares series, and to kill a mocking bird. i love that book, it is soo good!

message 21: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) oh, shannon yea. that book could upet someone, i never thought of that before.

message 22: by Maria (last edited Aug 22, 2008 02:11PM) (new)

Maria (mriakhn) It's really weird, but reading giver makes you feel that the world is all dark and gloomy. (i felt this way when reading City of Ember my first AND second time!) The story itself is very interesting and detailed but i agree with Shannon, reading before a certain age can result in being very upset.

Oh, btw. Giver was banned? that is just a very big insult to such a good piece of writing! (from what i know it's still luckily "unbanned" in my community)

message 23: by Maria (new)

Maria (mriakhn) Oh, btw...the Giver was banned? Really? That is just insulting such a good writing. (as far as i know, it's not banned in my community!)

message 24: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) exactly

message 25: by Hubear (new)

Hubear | 14 comments Hey
me New-be
I like the...
Twilight series; Maximum Ride series; Inheritence series (Eragon,Eldest and Brisinger) and tons of others!!
Mostly Twilight!!
I havent read the Giver yet...is it good?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, its good, but in my opinion, it can get kinda creepy. not that its a bad book, okay? hazel, if anyone tries to kill me you'll save me, right? hello, hazel? *runs out of group screaming*

message 27: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatianan) | 17 comments Who's hazel? i've read the Giver about five different times....and i will read it again tonight. my fav. books are... A Time To Kill: by John Grisham, or The Giver, possibly Old Yeller, I cried during that book

message 28: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatianan) | 17 comments ohhhhhhhh, hazel as in hazel one of the peoples that is in this group... oops, brain fart to totallity

message 29: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (isabellina) | 8 comments twilight!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

terrier by tamora pierce! soo good

message 31: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Hi, I'm Bethany - and new here . Wuthering Heights, Lucas, Howls moving Castle and Watership Down are my favourites in a four way tie. Nice to meet you all. =] Any recommendations would be welcomed- and ask if you want any in return. Thanks

message 32: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) if u like Wuthering Heights u might like Jane Eyre, its written by the authors sister.

message 33: by Bethany (new)

Bethany I've read that too and you're right- I do like it too.

message 34: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) :) yea its one of my favorite books

message 35: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Same here- have you read Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier? I'd recommend it if you like Jane Eyre.

message 36: by Abby (new)

Abby (frazzles) hmmm, no ill check it out, thanks! :)

message 37: by Bethany (new)

Bethany No problem =]

message 38: by Maria (new)

Maria | 3 comments OMG. That's hard.

Eon, the DUFF, TFioS, Anna and the French Kiss... uuhhhhhh...

I DON'T KNOW!!!