Book Haven discussion

General > Happy New Year! Resolution time?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) Just out of curiosity, what are your resolution(s) for this year? One of mine is to be a little more organized, lol.

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Reed (pendrum) | 16 comments Speed less. If that fails, then just try and get caught less.

message 3: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Horner | 24 comments Finish the book I'm currently writing and start another. Also, try to eat more healthy.

message 4: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 40 comments To eat more healthy, exercise and try to shed the baby weight! Also try and be more organised with my time to get everything done, including my next novel...It's working so far, but then maybe life's just starting to settle down! (or my willpower is reining supreme...which is the excuse I'm sticking to! Lol)

message 5: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) Martin wrote: "Speed less. If that fails, then just try and get caught less."

Lol. I wish you luck - and hope you speed less, so you don't have to worry about getting caught. xD

Lyn wrote: "Finish the book I'm currently writing and start another. Also, try to eat more healthy."

Are you an indie writer? Because there's this group for indie writers called Editio Self-publishing. You might want to check it out. :)

J.M. wrote: "To eat more healthy, exercise and try to shed the baby weight! Also try and be more organised with my time to get everything done, including my next novel...It's working so far, but then maybe life..."

What a lovely excuse. Wish I had that one!

message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 53 comments I have a tendency toward procrastination so my resolution is to do at least one productive task on my never-ending extra to-do list. It cannot be anything that includes daily chores but can be anything from trying a new craft to organizing the junk drawer. So far, so good!

message 7: by L.Y. (new)

L.Y. Levand (lylevand) Procrastination is one of my issues, too. For instance, right now, I should be posting my blog, lol. That's a good goal, too; one thing! It's easier to blow something off if you think you have to do two, or five.

message 8: by Nicky (new)

Nicky (raggamuffin) | 93 comments The new year started in the worst possible way for me,
Our family dog had't been feeling well and had stopped eating a couple of days before new years eve, so on dec 31st we rushed her to the vet and had her blood tested. The vet called us that same night with the terrible results and we had to decide to put her to sleep the next day...

I'm determined to end the year much much much better than I started it, so I'm sticking to the resolutions/goals I made and hope they'll help me make something good out of a year that started out so bad.

The list:

1) Save more money (I rent an appartment all by myself, and I manage well, but saving some more is always nice, especially since I want to look into buying a place for my own in the near future, which brings me to the next one)

2) Look into buying a place of my own :-)

3) Read more. I'm happy that I managed my goal last year (even if it wasn't very ambitious in comparison to most active people on GR) and I enjoyed challenging myself, so I aim to do better this year and read all books currently physically on my TBR shelf in my bookcase. To do that I can't buy anything new, which ties in perfectly to my first resolution (hurray!)

4) Finally look into having my eyesight corrected. I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and contacts since I was 16. I have really bad eyesight (the kind where you don't even get to pick the cute frames because your glasses are just too thick to put them in) and my doctors were never really hopeful that I would be able to correct it with laser techniques. But technology has gotten a lot better since I last asked and hope has been rekindled to be rid of my extra pair of eyes forever.One thing that irks me, this goal is undermining my first goal since the actual procedure will cost a lot of money and my health insurance will not cover it because I "choose" to have it, rather than "have" to have it. But I soothe myself thinking I will save money in the end.

5) Drink 8 glasses of water each day. I really should hydrate more...It's not that I drink unhealthy things instead, I should just *drink* more. I sometimes catch myself drinking only 1 cup of tea and maybe 2 glasses of water a day, which is waaaaay to little.