2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Emily Tackles Resolution #1

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily (mswindowshopper) | 27 comments Happy 2013, gang! I am a voracious reader but am just now getting around to tracking my progress. I figured it would be great to join a group that encourages me to indulge in my two favorite hobbies: reading and analyzing. My goal is to clear out my bookshelves full of unread books and participate in some literary analysis along the way. I haven't gone to the trouble of making a comprehensive list of books, but I figure "The best laid plans..." and all so I'm just going to jump in and see where I end up.

message 2: by Emily (last edited Jan 01, 2013 09:49AM) (new)

Emily (mswindowshopper) | 27 comments First up: [Life of Pi]

I grabbed this book at Goodwill several months ago and the recent movie (which I have still not seen) reminded me that it still sits on the bookshelf collecting dust. I have loved every bit of Indian culture I've encountered -- from writings on Eastern philosophy ([Tao of Pooh]) to Bollywood movies to saris to [The God of Small Things] -- and am excited to travel back to the country!

(I also suspect I can finish this one up in time to read [A Memory of Light] when it releases on January 8.)

message 3: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6688 comments Emily wrote: "First up: [Life of Pi]

I grabbed this book at Goodwill several months ago and the recent movie (which I have still not seen) reminded me that it still sits on the bookshelf collecting dust. I have..."

I really appreciated "Life of Pi" and the movie is a fantastic adaptation. Enjoy!