Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > Nominate February 2013's Group Read **VOTING CLOSED!**

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited Jan 10, 2013 10:15AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments For February 2013, this month's theme is:

Western

Rules:
1. Nominations are open until the 14th of the month. I will let us know which book has "won" on the 15th.
2. Books must be Christian fiction, or "clean" fiction to be eligible for this read.
3. Books are chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
3. One nomination per person.

Nominations so far:

1. Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist - Brittany
2. Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson - Diane
3. A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter - Janet
4. Montana Rose by Mary Connealy - Lorie
5.The Farmer Next Door by Patricia Davids - Lorelei
6. Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson - Rachel
7. Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson - Carole
8. Westward Hearts by Melody Carlson - Marg
9. Land of My Heart by Tracie Peterson - Kate

message 2: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
This has been a genre I have learned I really enjoy and there have been a ton of free ones in the past few years on kindle, just need to figure out which one I want to nominate. I like the historical fiction westerns!

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 340 comments Mod
Is Texas considered Western? Lol, if so, I'd like nominate Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist. Love her work!!

message 4: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Texas is western in my book!

I would like to nominate:

Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet | 153 comments How about A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter By denise Hunter?

message 7: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 6 comments I would like to nominate "The Farmer Next Door"... but it's borderline as a "western". She is Amish, and moves west, to raise alpacas. It's a great read - but maybe we need to slate it for March?

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'd like to nominate Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson. It looks like a lot of fun :)

message 9: by Carole (new)

Carole Jarvis I'm going to second Rachel's nomination of Sixteen Brides. It does look like fun and this will give me a reason to put it at the top of my TBR pile.

message 10: by Marg (new)

Marg (margpelan) | 16 comments I would like to nominate Westward Hearts (Homeward on the Oregon Trail, #1) by Melony Carlson I have read it and it was excellent. I am waiting for book 2. I am sure you would all enjoy it

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I am nominating Land of My Heart by Tracie Peterson.

message 12: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Today is the last day for nominations! Please get your in before Rachel picks next month's group read tomorrow.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand And next month's read is...

#4 Montana Rose by Mary Connealy, nominated by Lorie!

message 14: by Diane U (last edited Jan 15, 2013 05:33AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Ooh, I have not read anything by Mary Connealy before. I have the whole series of this book! I am looking forward to it!

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Mary Connealy is a great writer! I've read a couple of her books and really enjoyed them. Doctor in Petticoats was my favourite, and one of the first books that got me started on Christian historical romance. I think I may have this one on my Kindle.

message 16: by Lorie (new)

I read the Out of Control series. The first book was a Kindle freebie and I loved the whole series. I have not bought this on kindle yet but I noticed it was $7.99 for this book or the whole series for $9.99 so I will probable by the one with all three stories in it.

message 17: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Lorie wrote: "I read the Out of Control series. The first book was a Kindle freebie and I loved the whole series. I have not bought this on kindle yet but I noticed it was $7.99 for this book or the whole series..."

Or you can buy the whole series as one book in paper from Christianbooks.com for $5.99. Here's the link:

http://www.christianbook.com/montana-...

message 18: by Lorie (new)

Wonder why the whole series book is more on Kindle it should be less lol.

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand CBD are having a big sale right now, maybe that's why it's so cheap? I have found a few books that are more expensive on Kindle and it really makes no sense!

message 20: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Before I buy a book, I check out the kindle price, Amazon price for paper and CBD price for paper. I've saved some serious money by getting them from CBD over kindle! I'm all for saving a buck!

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Amazon Marketplace is also really good for getting deals. I've often brought brand new or barely used books for £1 or £2 less than Amazon's selling price through their alternative sellers. Unfortunately, it costs a lot to ship from CBD so I have to wait and do bulk orders.