Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Reading Challenges > 2013 Reading Challenges and Goals

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments What are your reading challenges for 2013? Let's discuss them here!

message 2: by Cindi (new)

Cindi My goal is to read 40 books this year. I'm hoping that the majority will be Amish fiction. (my favorite)

message 3: by Shaz (new)

Shaz (zabooksihaveread) | 74 comments I aim to read another 125 books this year.

I also look forward to reading some debut and new to me authors and participating in some reading challenges on goodreads. I also hope to be able to read as many of the monthly reads books on Fans of Amish Fiction as I am able to find the books for.

message 4: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I am hoping to read 50 books again this year. I also want to read books that I have already downloaded to my kindle or have purchased in paper back.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa conner (ptl44lmc) | 99 comments I would like to read several of my iPad book-kindle and read and pass on quite a few books people have asked me for when done reading. I sure am gonna give it a try!

message 6: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei | 6 comments I think I probably read close to 100 books last year... I think I generally read close to two books a week. I'm not sure what I should "challenge" myself to do, since reading MORE books might just make me fat and lazy! But I should keep a record of the books I've read - I haven't recorded everything here... sometimes I buy a book twice, because I don't remember that I read it already! So my challenge is to keep Goodreads up to date.

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily | 7 comments Last year I started my reading goal of 100 books when I joined this site and only made it to 79. So I decided that for this year I'm going to try to read 100 books, since I started on Jan 1!

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1468 comments Mod
I'm going to try 50 again this year. I left one of my part-time jobs but start another one on Monday, so we'll have to see how this one cuts into my reading time!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I read 133 books last year, just topping my challenge for 130. I think I'm going to aim for 130 again this year, although I don't know quite how my reading habits will change once I graduate in June. Since the current plan is for my husband to look for a job and me to work on my writing, I might actually have more time to read than I do right now... I know, I know, I read a ridiculous amount already ;)

message 10: by Lorie (last edited Feb 02, 2013 06:42AM) (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Did not post here yet but my goal is 70.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel my challenge is 165; I read 163 last year,which was lower for me because I gave up reading anything but Scripture for Lent,which was a step beyond giving up fiction in 2011. This year I don't plan to give up any reading during Lent so I should be good. I'm also trying to expand a little into different types of books.

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen | 7 comments My goal is 130. I love to read or listen to books on my nook.

message 13: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 44 comments My goal is 120. I am working on #18 now. I hope I make it.

message 14: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 4 comments my goal is 50 for this year and so far I have read 33. Doing much better towards my goal than last year, and even wondering if I should up my goal? Have really been into amish Christian fiction lately.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (pearlady) | 14 comments Deanna wrote: "my goal is 50 for this year and so far I have read 33. Doing much better towards my goal than last year, and even wondering if I should up my goal? Have really been into amish Christian fiction l..."

Give it to 40. If you're still going that strong, go for it. ;)

message 16: by April (new)

April Christensen | 13 comments Goal is 25. Almost there

message 18: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1468 comments Mod
I have 4 to go! I was close in 2012 but I think I might just make it this year.