Mount TBR 2013 Reading Challenge discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 Books) > Brian's Baker's Dozen for Scaling Pike's Peak

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian | 6 comments I've picked 13 books to read in order to ascend to the summit of Pike's Peak. The extra book is to kick start an expedition to the top of Mount Blanc if all goes well. Here's my list in no particular order.

The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson
The Tommyknockers- Stephen King (I actually got this as a Christmas gift in 1988)
A Thin Dark Line - Tami Hoag
A Breath of Snow and Ashes - Diana Gabaldon
An Echo in the Bone - Diana Gabaldon
Legend - David Gemmell
The Secrets of Pain - Phil Rickman
Fall of Giants - Ken Follett
House of Chains - Steven Eriksen
Heartsick - Chelsea Cain
The Corrections - Jonathan Franzen
For the King: A Novel - Catherine Delors
The Ghost - Robert Harris

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian | 6 comments I completed the first leg of this trek by reading Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. As soon as I finished it, four library e-books became available and I only have 3 weeks to read all of them. So for a few weeks, I'll remain at this place on the mountain trail.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow! You are the first guy I've come across who has Diana Gabaldon on his list!Have you read the other novels in the Outlander series?

message 4: by Brian (last edited Feb 06, 2013 12:11PM) (new)

Brian | 6 comments Despite the Outlander series being more for female readers, I really enjoy historical fiction and especially this series. I've read all the books with the exception of the two I've included on my Mount TBR list.

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian | 6 comments Just finished The Secrets of Pain, so I'm steadily making my way up Pike's Peak.

message 6: by Brian (new)

Brian | 6 comments I stalled for a while but recently resumed my climb by reading The Way of Kings and Legend.