The YA Dystopian Book Club discussion

Unwind (Unwind, #1)
This topic is about Unwind
Past Group Reads > January 2013 - Unwind

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilac , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 434 comments Mod
Please use this thread to discuss Unwind by Neal Shusterman as you read it. I hope you all enjoy this really amazing book!

message 2: by David (last edited Mar 12, 2013 09:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Ah-maze-ing! One if my faves all year and the sequels even better :)

The unwinding scene at the end is one of the most vivid, scary, interesting, well written, did I mention scary? scenes I've ever read. It made me shiver but I couldn't look away, couldn't stop reading lol

message 3: by Lilac , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Posted by me in another thread for Unwind in late 2012:

Personally, I LOVED this book so much. It was like one of those TV programs that was so horrible that you couldn't look away which made it great. The idea was really good but I hate to think that society could come to that!

Lynn Mccorry | 5 comments Amazing book with such an interesting premise. I would HATE to be a part of a world where such things happen but it made for good reading. The last part of the book scared me silly. It's one thing to "know" about unwinding but another thing to actually read about it being done. *shivers*

message 5: by Lilac , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know! It scared me half to death! But that scene made the idea of unwinding so much more real.

message 6: by David (last edited Mar 23, 2013 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Omg I know, it was positively chilling! And I found a similar scene in the second one to be even creepier!

message 7: by Lilac , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

What scence was that? (remember to mark it as a spoiler) :)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments (view spoiler)

message 9: by Lilac , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

I don't remeber that in the second, my memory must be getting bad :) lol

message 10: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Mccorry | 5 comments Hey David and Lilac :) , I read the second book too and I can't remember that scene either. LOL Glad I'm not the only one who found that "scene" in the first book as scary as heck.

If you are up for it, there's a brilliant short film on youTube of that particular scene. Very eerie but it's made so well. I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you have read the first book or it will spoil it for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9snP4H...

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments I'm trying to remember who it was that got unwound....or maybe it was something about the unwind guy that got put together from unwinding a. Something freaked me out! I'll have to reread before the last book ;)

Meaghan | 46 comments So I just finished this book today and while it may be one of the most disturbing books I've ever read, I absolutely LOVED it! It was definitely a book that can challenge your views on things without the author ever trying to push his views on you. One of my new favorites!

Meaghan | 46 comments David...

(view spoiler)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 1040 comments Eek yes, so freaky! Thanks Meaghan, so glad you liked it as much as me! The sequel is so good too :)