Month9Books discussion

Discussions > New Year Reading Resolutions. How many books do you aim to read this year. Any particular genre aim?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Happy New Year!

How did everyone go with their 2012 Reading Challenges?

I met mine, going over my goal by 2 books. In total I managed 50 (yay). However, this year I've only set a goal of 42 books. The reason being I will probably cut reading time at home to focus on my final year of Masters study.

My aim is to primarily read YA novels, and stick to my favourite genre of Fantasy and all its sub-genres. And also the last Feist book in the Midkemia series when it is released too! And can't forget the last Sookie Stackhouse novel as well. It'll be sad to see both of these series end.

What have you set for your 2013 Reading Challenge?

message 2: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (rockets2writing) I set mine at 25 which is two more than I read this year. I've been slowly trying to increase my reading each year :)

message 3: by Mia K (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) Yay for increasing your challenge, unlike me who is decreasing, lol.

message 4: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Krakover (rockets2writing) well I'm giving it a shot and seeing what happens ;) Who knows if I'll meet my goal, but it's worked thus far.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bromley (Sarah_Bromley) | 2 comments I've got enough writing on my plate for this year that I don't have as much time to read for pleasure as before. But I've got a goal of a book a week for the year, 52 books. I'll go in binges where I can read three or four books in a few days, and then I won't read for another week. Most of what I'm reading is YA with a few mysteries or horror novels thrown in between.

message 6: by Mia K (last edited Jan 09, 2013 01:34PM) (new)

Mia K Rose (miakrose) It's good to know when and what you've got time for ahead, but 52 books to aim for sounds great! I'm amazed how people find time to read 100+ books a year.

message 7: by Arielle (new)

Arielle | 1 comments Well I horribly failed at my reading change for 29 books last year with only reading a total of 10 books. To much "life" got in the way lol. This year I've set my goal for 30 so crossing my fingers hoping I get it done!