Fantasy Family discussion

General Discussions > If you had to choose a specific book/author/series to have on a deserted island what would you pick?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Cassie~, Fantasy Fanatic (new)

~Cassie~ | 114 comments Mod
I've been in multiple discussions where favorite books or authors or series have been brought up. I always have an extremely difficult time picking one, which leads to my question: If you were on a deserted island, what book series or author's works would you pick to have with you?

message 2: by ~Cassie~, Fantasy Fanatic (new)

And to answer my own question, I'd have to pick either the Alanna books by Tamora Pierce, or the Pendragon series by DJ MacHale.

message 3: by Khyllian (new)

Khyllian | 47 comments Mod
I would be very pleased with any works done by Tamora Pierce. I love her oldest series-Alanna the first adventurer to her newest Beka Cooper trilogy to her ongoing Circle Reforged series.

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick I have a lot of series I would be happy to have with me, Percy Jackson/The Heroes of Olympus, Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Her Majesty's Dragon and The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. Any of those would definitely be a life-saver. :)

message 5: by ~Cassie~, Fantasy Fanatic (new)

Oh, I forgot about PJ...My answer may need some reconsideration. ._.

message 6: by T.C. (new)

T.C. McMullen | 12 comments Oh, this is a difficult one. I think I'm going to be a bit selfish, though, and say my own Disillusionment Series - because I can more easily continue to build new adventures with the characters to keep busy. The Casting Trilogy by Pamala Freeman and the Shannara Books from Terry Brooks would be nice to have on the island too.

message 7: by Katelynne (new)

Katelynne Bills | 4 comments I would probably have to say I would bring The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I love this series

message 8: by Weston (new)

Weston | 9 comments I would say for my series it would be the inheritance cycle if I was an author I would say Christopher Paolini. For my book I would say lord of the rings (I know u r like that's not a book it's a trilogy. It actually was originally one book but was eventually broken up)

message 9: by Weston (new)

Weston | 9 comments And I also love all of the series that nick suggested

message 10: by Khyllian (new)

Khyllian | 47 comments Mod
I ended up losing some interest in the Inheritance Cycle after Eldest. Eragon was good but then it juat kind of burnt out for me.

message 11: by Weston (new)

Weston | 9 comments Yeah the third book on inheritance was not that good but I LOVED the fourth it was just a good book.

message 12: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments I would have to go with books by Veronica Blade, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Quinn Loftis, or E.L. James I love all there books, so its a hard choice.