7. How it all Began ~ Penelope Lively
8. Butterfly ~ Kathryn Harvey
9. Tess of the D'Urbervilles ~ Thomas Hardy
10. Loving Frank ~ Nancy Horan
11. The Postmistress ~ Sarah Blake
12. Miss Peregrine's HOme for Peculiar Children~ Ransom Riggs

+ 13 The Language of Flowers ~ Vannessa Diffenbaugh
+14 A summer Affair ~ Elin Hilderbrand

These are sitting on my night stand and figure I better read this year! :) Thanks for the heads up Pam! Let's get reading!!

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 232 comments Mod
OH WOW!!! LOVE your list! I've read...#'s 4, 6, 12, and 13.....LOVED them all....<3 you Dawn....

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Have you started one yet? I'm dying to share....

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 2 comments I started Butterfly. What are you reading? Saw you read huck Finn- been a she since I perused that novel.. Hehe!!! Good to talk the other morning.. Need to make it a weekly check in!!

message 5: by Pamela (new)

I finished The Adventures of Tom Sawyer...and now I'm on The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. SO...one down...at least 11 to go. BUT...I like my list still...so I'm good. I have another "list" of books I want to read in addition to the ones on my official "LIST." HA! How is Butterfly going? I'll be calling you tomorrow morning. I keep running out in the mornings this week for stuff. I have a baby shower to shop for and now I think I'm done for that...groceries...still need some of those...but tomorrow morning...I'll call. AND YES we need to make our morning talks at LEAST a weekly thing! MISS YOU..........I hope Cole gets to wrestle in Carroll tomorrow but he's injured. SO....we'll see. I told Dean if he's there we'll be there for sure.....

message 6: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Jen (nekokitty) | 913 comments Mod
Ohhh, I've only read two off of this list, but they all look great. I'm planning to read (listen to) Gone Girl soon. When do you plan to read Gone Girl?

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Hey Jen...did you know that Dawn went to the inauguration??? Yeah....she's a rockstar! Hopefully she's gotten some reading done while there. I'm reading Finn right now...and I can't decide if I like it or not. The writing can be a bit confusing...a mix of the past and present and not a great transition between the two. But...I love the whole concept of the subject. I have around 100 pages to go. Then I'm dying to get into....like..3 books at once. Cloud Atlas keeps whispering to me but I have others I want to tackle first....OH....THE CHOICES.....the JOY.....

message 8: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Wow, that is soooo cool! I hope that Dawn had a great time, and she'd better report back to us! :)

I would also like to read Cloud Atlas... but I have the same problem as you right now. So many good books, not enough time...

message 9: by Pamela (new)

I'll let you know when I'm done with Finn and we'll go from there...I'm up in the air about what to read next. Like today...Cryptonomicon looks awesome...while yesterday it was Cloud Atlas...hmmmm

message 10: by Jen, Super Spunky! (new)

Decisions, decisions!

message 11: by Pamela (new)

Hey Dawn....how are you doing on your list? I just finished my 12 books today!!! YAY!!! I'm going to try to get them all done though. Doing some fluff reading and then on to Cloud Atlas I think for me.