Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > How can I add covers to my own books?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maren (new)

Maren Smith (marensmith) | 2 comments I'm the author, so I have all the cover images. Supposedly, there's a way to do it, but I'll be snookered if I can find it. There used to be a button on my books' pages but it's not there anymore.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Maren, when you look at the main page for a book edition and click on "edit details", the edit page should open up with the cover area on the top right side. If the edition doesn't have a cover, you'll see it says "Add a cover image for this book" with a button that says "Choose File" and a label "No file chosen". You should be able to click the "Choose File" button to upload the cover image from your computer. (Please double-check that you're uploading the correct cover for the particular edition you're editing, if your books have been published with more than one cover.) You can also edit other details on this page such as publisher, publication date, page count, and description.

Or, if you're having trouble, you can upload the cover images to your "more photos" area on your profile and list the editions and covers here; then a librarian can put the covers on the editions for you.

message 3: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Jan 01, 2013 11:31AM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Do these two screen shots help? (1) edit details (2) choose file (3) upload photo

(Larger view at http://d.gr-assets.com/photos/1357068...)

That's for adding books with no covers; if you have an updated cover a new edition gets made [and you can then set new edition to be the featured/primary/default cover (see author FAQs this group, #4)]

message 4: by Maren (new)

Maren Smith (marensmith) | 2 comments Yes, thank you!