Read Across Canada: A 2013 Challenge discussion

Fun, Games and Off-topic chatter > What book(s) are you looking forward to reading?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 425 comments Mod
What books are you guys looking forward to reading in 2013? It can be for this group, another group, or something just for fun. I'm looking forward to The White Masai for the Around the World challenge and Night Shift, which I'll probably read for Jenny's challenge for Washington State. I've been wanting to read The White Masai for ages, but am only now getting around to it, because I got a hardback copy of it for Christmas, and I read another book by Lilith Saintcrow, the author of Night Shift, and loved it, so I think I'll like this book, too.

message 2: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I'm currently reading Gone Girl which is the January group read in the group You'll Really Love This One. I couldn't wait to start reading it.

I've got so many books on my to-read list that I'm looking forward to that it's hard to pick one or two.

I've picked up a couple of audiobooks by Bryce Courtenay that I'm looking forward to - The Power Of One and Jack of Diamonds. I fell in love with Jo Nesbø and his Harry Hole series. I've read two of the books and want to go read the rest of them, at least what is in print in Canada. The second book doesn't appear to be available. That's just a few to start. :)

message 3: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

I have a bunch of books on my to-read list that I'm looking forward to reading too, but the Lilith Saintcrow book and the memoir especially intrigued me.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 21 comments I've started reading Anne of Avonlea as my Prince Edward Island selection. I read it many years ago and am looking forward to revisiting it.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin | 30 comments I've started The Purchase

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 21 comments I have a list as long as my arm. Some books close to the top are The Loxleys and the War of 1812,(Grant) Flight Behavior, (Kingsolver) Stone Arabia, (Spiottn) and Canada (Richard Ford). I'm also leaning toward The Purchase and The Light Between Oceans. (But every time I take a book off the top of my list it seems I add two more to the bottom!)
Please tell me how to input titles so they appear as a link, as in the posts above.

message 7: by Connie (new)

Connie G (connie_g) Margaret, just click on the gold letters above the comment book that says "add book/author", then you type in the name of the book and click on "search". Pick the correct book and click "add". On the bottom of the search screen, you can pick "link" for the name of the book, and "cover" for a picture of the cover of the book. You can do the same thing to add the author. Hope this helps.

message 8: by Melissa, Chief Bookworm (new)

Thanks for explaining that, Connie.