Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Reviewers Rules & Regulations- MUST READ! (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited Jun 16, 2014 03:57PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Just some basic info and rules for the R4R. All reviewers should read this and come back to check for updates often. (We will know by certain questions or actions, if you haven't read this.)

Reviewers: You are to give your honest opinion in your review, BUT you are not to be offensive, disrespectful or abusive to the author nor their work at any time. This includes but is not limited to disrespectful tagging, labeling, or language used in your review. If any of this is seen, you will be contacted and if such is not fixed you will be removed from the program. Honest review means you don’t inflate your rating either. Whatever rating you feel it deserves is how you should be rating it. It is very easy to write a constructive 1 star rating just as easy as it is to write a 5 star rating. You are also expected to write a review with substance to it with LITTLE TO NO SYNOPSIS! A potential reader has already read that, if you put it again in your review, your review will not get fully read and you may have turned that reader off entirely. Back to substance, four sentences does not make a review. If you are ever asked to edit your review for substance PLEASE do not argue with the mod. We are not asking you to change your feelings or ideas but asking you to fulfill your obligation as a reviewer. If you are contacted by the author to change or redact anything, contact me IMMEDIATELY.

Anyone in our group can sign up for R4R and you have 3 weeks to read than post your review, unless otherwise stated. The author controls the # of copies being given, the mods do not. Being that it is being gifted; reviews are required to be on Goodreads and preferably also on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Now, having said that, I know that both Amazon & B&N sometimes gives people issues. If that happens, don’t worry about it, but do let me know. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you MUST post a link to it on the corresponding R4R thread. This is the same thread you signed up for the book on.

If you do not complete the e-book within the time given or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book but need more time, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. Even though the book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical and disrespectful to share books provided to you for reviews.

Unfortunately we have to also remind reviewers NOT to plagiarize others reviews. It's a shame that we have to post this reminder, but unfortunately it's happened and it is not tolerated. Those that do it will be removed from future R4R opportunities. Now, if you like someone's review, you can quote them or refer to them. That's completely different.

Stay consistent. DON'T use different email addresses. There are too many people on here with the same name to have to keep track of one person using multiple different emails.

If you don't get a book you've requested and you've seen that you are supposed to get it, PM me or whatever you need to do to let me know. If I think you've gotten the book and no review link is posted, you will get removed from future R4R's.

If you don't hear from me or the author immediately, it's because we are not available 24/7. I check this in the mornings, when I can, during my lunch hour, when I can and when I get home from work. PLEASE give us time to get to you and everything else.

I've gotten quite a few questions from people asking how to do a link for their review. Here you go:

After you've done your review, go to My Books in the top menu of Goodreads. Then click on "read" in the menu on the left. Find the book you need to post the link for. All the way to the right you will see edit/view. Click on view. This brings up your review. Copy the URL; go to the R4R topic than click paste. This will give us just the link to your review.

If you have a private profile, please send a friend request to me. I need to be able to see reviewers shelves at times. If you do not want me to see your shelves, please don't request to review.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN YOUR REVIEW! Do you want to read spoilers before you read a book? Most do not!

If you are looking for R4R's from 2012 or 2013, please go to this link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 2: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN YOUR REVIEW! Do you want to read spoilers before you read a book? Most do not!

message 3: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments No more GIFs in reviews. Sorry, but too many think large GIFs and a few words makes a review, it doesn't.

message 4: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments This is probably a stupid question but technology and I aren't the best of friends. How do I add my name to the list?

message 5: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Savannah wrote: "This is probably a stupid question but technology and I aren't the best of friends. How do I add my name to the list?"

When you see a topic of a R4R that you are interested in, read through the main subject, it tells you how to request the book and what info is needed. There isn't a master list of reviewers.

message 6: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Sorry to bother, but I requested ePub and I actually need it in PDF format instead. Can I change that?

message 7: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Savannah wrote: "Sorry to bother, but I requested ePub and I actually need it in PDF format instead. Can I change that?"

Yes, request the change on the R4R.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (Debbie2) | 6 comments I would love to read this book. If so mine could be kindle.

message 9: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments This program is closed.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.