The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Cinna in the movie

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Madeleine Did anyone else find Cinna a little flat in the movie? I'm not talking about the choice of the actor, but in the writing and the directing of his scenes. If I hadn't read the books, I would have completely forgotten his character. I loved Cinna in the books, and he was such an important part of Katniss's life. I wish he was given more importance in the film, I liked Lenny Kravitz, but he didn't have much to work with. He was just a guy saying comforting things while giving her pretty, bad CGI fire dresses.

Line I didn't feel they did too bad a job with Cinna in the first movie, but for it all stands or falls with the second movie...

SPOILER:
In the second book, i plays such a vital role in Katniss' survival, that if that's not in it, i'm gonna launch a protest or something.

I love Cinna in the books, and believe the only movie-watching audience deserves to see him, as he is, and not just a capital doll...

Ryeleigh Ya i felt they should havegiven him more powerful lines, they shoud have gotton his lines directly from the book, such a great actor and character deservers more, in the secound and third movie, they better make cinna one of th most memoral characters, or im gonna protest with line

Rosemary*1D Stole My Heart* yahh
This is off topic, but I absolutely LOVED Cinna in the book. He's one of my favorite characters. He helped Katniss feel better about herself and he was one of the few people in her life who she could trust.

Madeleine Rosemary*1D Stole My Heart* wrote: "yahh
This is off topic, but I absolutely LOVED Cinna in the book. He's one of my favorite characters. He helped Katniss feel better about herself and he was one of the few people in her life who sh..."

This isn't off topic! I totally agree. He was a great character, my problem is that didn't shine through as much in the movie. He had so many great, insightful moments that saved Katniss's life, he was very smart and played the role of the stylist presenting her to the world, controlling her image in a way that dazzled people. In the movie he was a kind of nice guy. That's it.

Madeleine Line wrote: "I didn't feel they did too bad a job with Cinna in the first movie, but for it all stands or falls with the second movie...

SPOILER:
In the second book, i plays such a vital role in Katniss' survi..."

I completely agree. He looked out for Katniss, he seemed as much a player in the games as Haymitch and Katniss. He just didn't seem to against the capitol in the movie. He was caring and likable, but the genius of his designs wasn't portrayed enough.

Line Maddie wrote: "Line wrote: "I didn't feel they did too bad a job with Cinna in the first movie, but for it all stands or falls with the second movie...

SPOILER:
In the second book, i plays such a vital role in K..."

SPOILER:
I also love how he redesigns her wedding dress, to set a fire under the rebellion...
For me, it's here, where he realle defines himself as 'one of the people' and not 'one of the Capitol'...