Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Authors: How to Request & Other Info - MUST READ (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited Jan 01, 2015 10:31AM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Authors...if you wish to offer your book up for review, please message me. Our target group is YA & NA readers as in our group name. When messaging, please provide name of book, brief synopsis or link to the goodreads page, how many books you will be offering and what platform will be offered, ie epub, mobi, pdf or through one of the reader sights such as Kindle, B&N or Smashwords. From there, you will be contacted back shortly. It is expected that the author contacts the reviewers, by email, with the ebook. If the author wants the R4R coordinator to do so, in their place, you must request that beforehand and it is not a guaranteed approval. The coordinator has very little, to no, internet availability M-F 8am to 5pm EST.

The best way to send the files to the reviewers is as an email attachment, through Smashwords or gifted through Amazon/B&N. There have been numerous issues when sending through special programs such as Dropbox, Bookstub, calleirobooks, etc. If you don't have to send through a special program, please don't. If you do, please check with the coordinator before your R4R goes live.

About reviewer and reviewers: Yes, you are providing your book free in exchange for an honest review but this does not entitle you to a 5 star review. We expect our reviewers to be honest and if they give you a one star review but with a thought out reasoning behind it, that’s that. This also includes off site reviews left on Amazon, B&N, etc. DO NOT ASK THEM NOT TO POST IF UNDER A CERTAIN RATING, THAT IS IN BAD TASTE. If a reviewer is disrespectful, offensive or abusive, it will be dealt with by the mods. Other than that, a reviewer will not be contacted to change nor retract their review by the mods nor by you. There are times that they are contacted privately to expand on a review. We do expect our reviewers to provide substance. As an author, you should be prepared to deal with criticism, whether it’s positive or negative. The purpose of a review is not only to get more readers but also to learn where your mistakes are and go forward in your future work or go back and change what errors were pointed out, if you feel you need to.

Authors are not to respond to reviewers requesting extensions at any time. The mods review the request and give the ok and the amount of extension. They are given 3 weeks from the get-go and we have had to limit the # of R4R's for some reviewers because they are constantly asking for extensions. You can image how backlogged it can get if we're overseeing 6 active R4R's plus stragglers from prior ones. Thank you for your consideration with this. We appreciate how well you all work well with the reviewers.

Our R4R rules are our rules. Reviewers are to abide by them. They are not to be pushed aside by anyone.

Please do not respond on this thread with your info, please do so through a message.

Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!

If you are looking for R4R's that were in 2012 or 2013, please go to this link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

For 2014 R4R's go here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

message 2: by Marni (last edited Jan 12, 2014 11:21PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Authors... Here is a wonderful post about R4R programs and the benefits for authors using them. It was written by author David Estes. http://davidestesbooks.blogspot.com/2...

message 3: by Marni (last edited Mar 23, 2014 07:50PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Authors...if you sign up to do a R4R, it is expected that when I contact you when your time is coming up that you respond to the message. This is being courteous. Honestly, if you don't want to do it anymore, that's ok with me, but TELL me you don't want to do it, don't ignore me. And after ignoring me, asking why your R4R is not up and running? How can I possibly put up a R4R for the reviewers if I don't know if the author will be providing their book or not? No response, no R4R.

message 4: by Marni (last edited Sep 22, 2014 09:31PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments TEMPORARILY AUTHOR REQUESTS ARE CLOSED OPEN

Everyone has been contacted. If you did not receive a response back from me, please message again.

Submissions are still closed. We are currently full until the end of July and I'm taking the month of August off. Submissions will reopen in early August for our restart in mid-September.

UPDATED 8/16/14

message 5: by Marni (last edited Feb 05, 2015 07:06PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments AUTHOR REQUESTS ARE CLOSED ONCE AGAIN.

The program is very popular and we are currently scheduled into April, 2015. The requests will open back up in the beginning of February 2015.

message 6: by Marni (last edited Feb 05, 2015 07:06PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Anita wrote: "2015 R2R program - yes I read your requirements

What's available: All the books in my series are available for R2R.
Number of books available: No limit to the number of reviewers.
Type of book: N..."

Anita,

Requests do not go here, they are to be messaged to me and the reviewers do not email you for the book. Please see the other R4R's to see how they are set up.

message 7: by Marni (last edited Feb 06, 2015 04:40PM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments AUTHOR REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN! A mass message has gone out on what is needed with your requests.

DO NOT POST YOUR REQUEST HERE! IT WILL BE DELETED!

message 8: by Marni (last edited Jul 01, 2015 09:33AM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments AUTHOR REQUEST ARE CLOSED ONCE AGAIN.

message 9: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments This program is CLOSED.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.