Editio Self-Publishing discussion

Everything Editors... > Editing and Proofreading Services

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by E.K. (last edited Dec 31, 2012 09:34AM) (new)

E.K. Blair (ekblair) | 1 comments Hi everyone! I know there are several of you that are writing books and I wanted to offer you proofreading and editing help!

I am a graduate of the University of Oklahoma with a degree in education that I have primarily applied in a traditional teaching career. However, I have a particularly keen interest in expanding my skill set by branching into editing.

Having an extensive knowledge of grammar and a great deal of experience fine tuning the development of an author's voice, it seems a natural transition to apply those talents to literature. I have started proofreading and editing for self-published authors. I will work for a nominal fee, because at this point I am focused on getting my foot the door, gaining experience, and building my resume.

I am a self-driven individual with an especially good eye for detail. If you need someone to go over your writing with a fine tooth comb and get it ready for publication, you really have nothing to lose! Just message me or email (mkelley9@gmail.com) and we can negotiate a deal that works for both of us!

message 2: by Max (new)

Max (polishedpen) | 1 comments I've been a freelance editor for several of the Big Six, but recently I started my own an editing company focusing on indie authors. Just like many authors have become frustrated with the politics within the publishing industry, many editors feel the same way. Gone are the days of Maxwell Perkins. Publishers no longer assign an editor to a book who will work closely with an author to refine and revise their work. If a writer needs a little direction and some help to make an okay story into a great novel, they won’t get it unless they work with a smaller independent publisher that has an editorial staff or hire their own editor. I thrive on the hands on interaction with my authors and that's one of the reasons why I wanted to branch out on my own.

I've worked with several indie authors that have made it to Amazon's Top 100 List as well as The New York Times Best Seller List.

I have a keen eye for detail and I pretty much live, breath, and dream grammar. A pathetic existence, I know.

I have a BFA in Creative Writing from Yale University and a MA in Writing and Publishing from Emerson College.

If you're interested, please visit my website. www.polished-pen.com

I come with over eight years of experience and very reasonable rates.