Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading Dec 31?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2088 comments Mod
Happy New Years Eve! Starting this week with Changeling by Phillipa Gregory.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments A Little Bit Wicked by Robyn DeHart has my interest this morning. BTW, we have FOUR inches of SNOW on the ground, here at the Arizona-Mexico border!

message 3: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I am going to read The Seduction of Elliott McBride. After that the new Joanne Ross and Jodi Thomas.

message 4: by Okie (new)

yowza, Susan!! bundle up. we woke up to a bone chilling 8 degrees in N. Nv

message 5: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Happy New Year's Eve! Okie, it is 12 degrees here in MN right now. I feel your pain.

I am starting off the week with The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts by JQ, EJ and CB.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Yikes--stay warm, everyone! Snow here in the Midwest too.

I'm reading Sultry with a Twist today, and when I finish, I'll start The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts.

message 7: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
Well, I feel like a jerk. We're at 56 degrees right now. And no snow. I wouldn't mind a little of the white stuff...As for reading, I'm chasing the romance thread in Peter James' DS Roy Grace series. I'm going to quit tonight to read the new Sarah Mayberry. I want to begin the year with romance!

message 8: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading THE BEST MAN by Kristan Higgins. I have a few niggles about things that made it difficult for me to suspend disbelief, but, as is nearly always true with Higgins, I love her characters so much I forgive the things I don't love.

Tomorrow I'll start the new Jennifer Ashley. Since EJ says it's Ashley's best book yet, I'm particularly eager to read it.

I also want to recommend some of the Harlequin Superromances January releases. A Hometown Boy by Janice Kay Johnson is really an extraordinary, behind-the-headlines book, and Sarah Mayberry's The Other Side of Us is another of Mayberry's books with characters so real you can imagine meeting them for dinner and drinks. Tara Taylor Quinn's The Truth About Comfort cove is a solid romantic suspense and Vicki Essex's Back to the Good Fortune Diner is a rare multicultural romance. These and the other January releases are the first of the HSRs with the longer 85,000 word length. I reviewed A Hometown Boy at Just Janga today, and I'm posting a review of the Mayberry tomorrow and brief reviews of the others on Wednesday. On Thursday, one commenter will win her/his choice of the books reviewed.

I don't usually pimp my blog here, but I have a selfish interest in these books. Some of my favorite contemporary writers write for this line and I really want to see the longer books succeed so that Johnson, Mayberry, Beth Andrews, Ellen Hartman, Karina Bliss, and others can write these more complex books. If you read contemporaries, I hope you will give the new Supers a try.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
Thanks Janga

I am reading Cindy Gerard's newest book, I have an ARC(yay) and listening to In Death novel #9... after that I think it'll be Beauty and the Beast.

Have a great new year!

message 10: by Okie (new)

Manda, I'll take 56 degrees! I know winter just started, but for the record, I'm done with it ;-) I want hot, humid, sunny days.

message 11: by Okie (new)

Janga, thanks for the reminder! I need to get Jennifer Ashley's newest.

message 12: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments I just finished Holly Lane, which was really great. I'm about to start The Lady Most Willing...: A Novel in Three Parts. It hasn't warmed up here... yet. Ugh.

message 13: by Kym (new)

Kym | 206 comments Just finished Sugar Rush by Donna Kauffman. Now listening to The a lady Most Willing by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Connie Brockway. I'm trying to alternate between contemporary and historical.

message 14: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2093 comments Mod
I read and liked the Seduction of Elliott Mcbride, although I wish we saw more of the start of their love for eachother.
And I give the newest Harmony book by Jodi Thomas 5 stars.